Inshore by 90 Miles

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Inshore by 90 Miles

Post by CSMarine »

Since everyone seems to be so upset about the lack of fishing reports, I thought I'd better post one since I hadn't posted one in a while. Left the back porch about 8:00am this morning with my Ambassador 65 and headed north towards the garden. It was a little ruff going because I havn't cut the grass in a week or so, but I managed to still make it to my favorite spot without falling down. After arriving at my destination I tied on a Johnson weedless gold spoon, (the grass is very bad at the first spot I wanted to try.) After casting for about fifteen minutes I finally had a hook up, (limb from the pear tree my wife had just pruned.) Very excited, fought it for a while, but lost it a couple feet from my net. Moved over to another spot by the chain link fence on the southside of my yard, unfortunately the traffic there had everything spooked. The old lady next door on her lawnmower has no sense of sportsmanship, as she kept coming within a few feet of my spot, and giving me dirty looks. The morning ended with a few flounder in the ice chest and my wife now thoroughly convinced that you folks on this site are causing me to loose what little sense the Marine Corps allowed me to keep after retirement. All in all, a great morning. If anyone needs GPS readings on my garden or pear tree spots, just PM me. I would post them here but don't want to wake up in the morning and find a dozen people standing in my back yard casting. :smt004
011.jpg
011.jpg (34.87 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
salute2
Last edited by CSMarine on May 26th, 2010, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
bull68dawg

Re: Inshore by 90 Miles

Post by bull68dawg »

:smt005 :lol: :smt005
"How do you like them apples"

UGA Grad 04 GO DAWGS!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

HA HA!!!!!!!!! Those pear limbs are delicious if you boil all the dirt out. Tight lines my brother! Thanks for the laugh.
Team Jolly Mon
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey just had a great idea! Think Tom could start a new area in Reports. We could call it "Onshore Reports." :thumbup:

salute2
Semper Fi
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

CSMarine wrote:Hey just had a great idea! Think Tom could start a new area in Reports. We could call it "Onshore Reports." :thumbup:

salute2
:thumbup: :beer: :-D
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

CSMarine, your timing is amazing as I took pictures Monday for my own onshore report! :-D

Our receptionist told me her phone was missing and that she believed it might have fallen in the trash. We went out to our dumpster, called her number, and sure enough heard buzzing from the bottom of the trash heap.

I jumped in, used a broomstick as a fishing pole, and fished around until I found the right bag. Here's a picture of Quilla, our receptionist with my trophy catch! :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Jobu
Site Sponsor

Post by Jobu »

Right five zero, fire for effect! You guys make me proud to have been a Jarhead!
Yo, Bartender.. Jobu needs a refill!!
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

big bend gyrene wrote:CSMarine, your timing is amazing as I took pictures Monday for my own onshore report! :-D

Our receptionist told me her phone was missing and that she believed it might have fallen in the trash. We went out to our dumpster, called her number, and sure enough heard buzzing from the bottom of the trash heap.

I jumped in, used a broomstick as a fishing pole, and fished around until I found the right bag. Here's a picture of Quilla, our receptionist with my trophy catch! :lol:

funny but I've had to do this alot for different things
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You left out the temp and the wind direction - therefore your report is not detailed enough. :smt005 :smt005
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Chalk wrote:You left out the temp and the wind direction - therefore your report is not detailed enough. :smt005 :smt005
Dang it. Just can't get it right for you fellows can I. The wind was blowing from around the side of the house with the large crapemyrtle bush, and the temp was too dang hot to cut the grass.:smt012

JOBU "Right five zero, fire for effect"

Sounds like we might have an ex "Gun Bunny" artillery type amoungest our ranks. :smt067

salute2
Semper Fi
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Chalk wrote:You left out the temp and the wind direction - therefore your report is not detailed enough. :smt005 :smt005
:thumbup: :smt005
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

This can be a dayum amusing site. Nice work CS! :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

hahahahahahaha :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 good'un
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
BuggMann222

Post by BuggMann222 »

Hope you weren't practicing catch and release with that pear limb. Best wood I've found yet for smoking fish.
"If you believe you have a foolproof system, you've failed to take into consideration the creativity of fools." - Frank Abagnale
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Did you catch any saladfish, CSMarine? :smt106
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.