great day with Rand and Ralph

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

great day with Rand and Ralph

Post by Salty Gator »

Konrad and I had the opportunity to take a couple of guys fishing through HHA on saturday. We had a great time. Left shields around 7:30 and headed to stony bayou. The wind was blowing 15 from the south, and one of our guys gets seasick easily, so we decided against drifting the flats and headed for smooth water. We dropped the power pole in 3 ft of water in a creekmouth and started dunking shrimp. Rand quickly hooked up with a large ladyfish that jumped a few times and even took him under the boat. Ralph followed with a nice spanish mac. Rand followed that with a nice bluefish. We ended the day with Ralph landing a 25" trout!! Mixed in throughout was about a hundred catfish and some large pinfish and pigfish. they didnt seem to care, they enjoyed bending a rod. I would encourage everyone to get on board with this event next year. I'll be back for sure, hopefully with the same two guys. Can't wait to see Rand bobbing his head to Led Zepplin and Skynyrd again. Ps the 25" trout was caught on the "Suter" rig...orange old bayside paradise popper, ( popper not oval or cigar shaped) with 30"of 30# fluro. 1/0 owner circle hook with cut ladyfish, works everytime for the infamous Rob Suter in Cedar Key. Look forward to next year, big time thanks to everyone that worked hard to make it happen, you know who you are. Sorry,no good pics, i had a big smudge on my lense that made all pics blurry.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
caseycook

Re: great day with Rand and Ralph

Post by caseycook »

Awesome, DW! Way to put 'em on the fish!! Thanks again for your help. We had lots of fun and several laughs with our anglers as well, but didn't catch near as many fish. Think we saw you cruise by the Lighthouse at Noonish. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Boom goes the dynamite.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: great day with Rand and Ralph

Post by Salty Gator »

Casey, that was probably us. We swung in close to a couple of pontoon boats but couldn't make you out. I thought we were supposed to be in by noon, but I guess we could have stayed out longer. Again, we had a blast and definitely want to do it again next year. We'll look for you out on the water, I'll be in the "triangle" area for the next few weekends. If you see my boat, please stop in for a cold one.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven