Lake Iamonia vs. Lake Miccosukkee

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

itiger

Lake Iamonia vs. Lake Miccosukkee

Post by itiger »

Which one is deeper? Just wanted to try Lake Iamonia but not sure if it is shallower or deeper than Micco.
Born to fish, forced to work!
RED ZONE 48

Re: Lake Iamonia vs. Lake Miccosukkee

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

I wouldn't call eather one Deep. Iamonia out from the N.E. landing the one off hwy 12 is the deepest part. but overall I think miccouskee is, depending on the time of year and rain , Miccosukee out from reeves landing at the North end is the deepest part of Micc. both lakes average 3-5 ft. Micc, has some holes on the east side that run about 6 fl. and Iamonia has some deep spots as well, Both are full on vegitation stay in the trails and ask at the fish camps . WATCH YOUR WATER PUMP.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

The North End of Iamonia is the deepest part. Other than that I believe that the rest of the lake is similar in depth. You can access the deep water on Iamonia off of county rd 12. :thumbup:
itiger

Post by itiger »

Thanks. Red Zone 48 and captkerser.
Born to fish, forced to work!
breeze

Post by breeze »

Haven't been to Iammonia since it was drained down a while back. Has anyone done much there lately?
'If you don't know where you're goin', you could end up anywhere.'