Was looking for Spanish

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jepjones

Post by jepjones »

So after hearing all the reports, my buddy an me had to get out yesterday afternoon for the Macs!!! Well We never found em, but Man did we find some healthy trout. Wakulla beach between the islands. These Trout were taking live pinfish hard. The water in between the islands was much clearer than any where else in the area, and the grass was very lush here. We ended up keeping 8 the smallest--18" and the largest was probably 22. these fish were fat. We fished the front of the island around the ledge but never even saw any spanish, the trout kept me happy anyway. If you go Live pins under a popping cork was like candy to em :lick:
I'm in hot plate heaven....
At the Green Hotel--FZ
Jere Firth

Post by Jere Firth »

sounds like my kind of day love catching them big trout...infact I may try to get out yet this week......

Jere
jepjones

Post by jepjones »

yeah you should. Make sure you get out between the islands though. You'll spend less time sorting through the small ones.

Also I just talked to the guy who sent us there in the first place. He told me we didn't go out far enough for the spanish. there is a marker way out (about another 1-2 miles past the island) He told me thats where the spanish and the ledge are. We was just fishing the trout spot apparently.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jepjones on 2002-04-03 6:44 pm ]</font>