Dolphin question

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

konrad

Dolphin question

Post by konrad »

Most of the time when fishing I don't venture out much past the K although this time of year I sometimes do if the seas are calm enough. On the way out and in I always keep an eye out for floating debris. About ever other trip I run across something floating with small Dolphin underneath. These are not chicken dolphin but rather peanuts. Most of the time they are a pound or less. So my question is, does anyone ever run across any that are 3 plus lb fish in this area? Just trying to figure out if it's worth trolling for them. The area I am referring to is from the K to 10 miles south, 60 to 80 foot range.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Dolphin question

Post by Salty Gator »

Guess not
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I haven't, but you can sure as heck make a great sandwich out of a peanut. Chum and freeline a small pinfish and you'll hook up. Don't feel too bad about keeping them that small either, they are one of the fastest growing fish in the sea with a life span of about 3 years. I have caught them on trout tackle using anything from a spoon to a topwater plug..... catch um' while you can. :thumbup:

I am all about conservation, but common with what is looming on the horrizon. :-D
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Put it on a hook and drop it 75 feet below mama's need food too!
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?