Sad sight

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelcatch

Sad sight

Post by reelcatch »

While fishing Sunday I witnessed the boom being deployed in front of the Light House at St Marks. While it is very much appreciated the sight of the boom brings the oil crisis closer to home. :smt010

Also I noticed that several of the boats deploying the boom were from Texas. I do not know why but that is where they were registered. While trying to put my boat both in and out of the water I had to wait while these supposed professional boat captains took over the entire ramp to launch and load. :smt011 Both of the times while I was waiting I told them that the ramp is designed for two boats to use the ramps at the same time. To add insult to injury I had quite a few laughs watching them trying to get the boats off and on their trailers.

They could learn a lot just by watching some of our local commercial guys launch. In out and gone in less time than most of us use to back in the water. Oh well at least I got a laugh out of the deal.

Oh yeah the fishing was slow as the wind was smoking early. Did finish the day with a nice red and two really good flounder.
RED ZONE 48

Re: Sad sight

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

TEXAS , I SEE ALAN BOYD IS LOOKING OUT FOR THE LOCAL FISHERMAN AS ALWAYS. :{ HIRE LOCAL THEY NEED THE WORK. and can launch a boat.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: Sad sight

Post by Tidedancer »

RED ZONE 48 wrote:TEXAS , I SEE ALAN BOYD IS LOOKING OUT FOR THE LOCAL FISHERMAN AS ALWAYS. :{ HIRE LOCAL THEY NEED THE WORK. and can launch a boat.
Yea Right! If we don't throw this scum bag out of office it's our own fault. He now says he will vote YES for the new health bill. JMOI