Stuffed Flounda

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

k8show

Stuffed Flounda

Post by k8show »

A few times a year I make this stuffed flounder. I substitute the rock shrimp for cut up Florida shrimp, crab meat, or bay scallops. Nom nom nom. (Sorry Reel Addiction, I just saw your post.)

I can't take credit for the idea. Emeril gave me the recipe. Cutting out the bone is a real PITA, but the aesthetic value is worth it. For doormats, leftovers reheat surprisingly well in the oven at 350. :D

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
Salt and cayenne
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 pound rock shrimp, shelled
1/4 cup fish or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Bread crumbs, to bind
4 each (14 to 16-ounce) whole flounder, cleaned and scaled
1 stick butter, melted
Essence
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, celery, and peppers. Season with salt and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the garlic, shrimp, and stock. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Turn the mixture into a bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs. Add the parsley and reseason if needed. Set stuffing aside to cool.

Place the flounder, brown side up, on a cutting board in front of you. Using a sharp boning knife, cut along the center bone of the fish. Carefully "peel" open the fish, folding the flesh back to open up a cavity in the fish. Work your way around the bones. You want to remove the whole skeleton of bones, leaving you with one piece of fish, all opened up. Season the fish with Essence. Fill the cavity with the cooled stuffing. Fold the flaps over the stuffing. Repeat the process for the other fish. Place the fish on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the fish with the butter. Place the pan in the oven and bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the fish from the oven and serve.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Stuffed Flounda

Post by Harmsway »

Dawg :lick:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

k8show wrote:A few times a year I make this stuffed flounder. I substitute the rock shrimp for cut up Florida shrimp, crab meat, or bay scallops. Nom nom nom. (Sorry Reel Addiction, I just saw your post.)

I can't take credit for the idea. Emeril gave me the recipe. Cutting out the bone is a real PITA, but the aesthetic value is worth it. For doormats, leftovers reheat surprisingly well in the oven at 350. :D

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
Salt and cayenne
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 pound rock shrimp, shelled
1/4 cup fish or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Bread crumbs, to bind
4 each (14 to 16-ounce) whole flounder, cleaned and scaled
1 stick butter, melted
Essence
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, celery, and peppers. Season with salt and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the garlic, shrimp, and stock. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Turn the mixture into a bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs. Add the parsley and reseason if needed. Set stuffing aside to cool.

Place the flounder, brown side up, on a cutting board in front of you. Using a sharp boning knife, cut along the center bone of the fish. Carefully "peel" open the fish, folding the flesh back to open up a cavity in the fish. Work your way around the bones. You want to remove the whole skeleton of bones, leaving you with one piece of fish, all opened up. Season the fish with Essence. Fill the cavity with the cooled stuffing. Fold the flaps over the stuffing. Repeat the process for the other fish. Place the fish on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the fish with the butter. Place the pan in the oven and bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the fish from the oven and serve.
Appreciate the invite :smt009 :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Where do you buy your flounder,Fresh Market?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
rosco

Post by rosco »

Looks TASTY! THANKS :lick:
Залив Апачи
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks!

Sounds delicious!

Great pictures.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
k8show

Post by k8show »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Where do you buy your flounder,Fresh Market?
Steve-O, brace yourself for a thorough beat down from a little girl and her doggs.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

It's a pitifull sight seeing an old wiskered dude crawl'n round with knots all over his head screaming ... GET ER OFF!!
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Sir reel wrote:It's a pitifull sight seeing an old wiskered dude crawl'n round with knots all over his head screaming ... GET ER OFF!!
You forget who youre talking about...... He'd like it. :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

k8show wrote:A few times a year I make this stuffed flounder. I substitute the rock shrimp for cut up Florida shrimp, crab meat, or bay scallops. Nom nom nom. (Sorry Reel Addiction, I just saw your post.)

She said leftovers................. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Too funny Welby.

It really was a nice meal Katie prepared for us. She makes some great southern comfort foods these days. We paired it with a okra and suasage salad and a bottle of SavBlanc. Then we made some homemade ice-cream and topped it with pecans and magic shell. Heck of a way to spend to the 4th with my wife and pups. :lick:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.