August 4-Lighthouse

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

August 4-Lighthouse

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished again this morning. Same plans as yesterday. Met at my house at 5 30 with one of my friends,Tyler Webb, and headed for the Lighthouse. We filled the livewell with bait from the canal and the bait died on the way to the spot again, not sure why that keeps happening. On my first bait I hooked up and the fish was really kicking my butt. It was taking more line out than I was bringing in. After a long struggle, we netted a fine redfish. It measured 29 inches and was successfully released. We kept on fishing and the spanish were in our spot thick, and loving our baits. We ended up catching 5 keeper spanish throughout the day. In a span of about five minutes, me and my partner put two keeper flounder in the boat. We continued to fish and at one point I hooked up with something that seemed to have the potential to spool me. We chased it in the boat for about 30 minutes, and way the heck out of the spot we were fishing. It ended up being a shark that was probably about 8 feet. I think it was a bull shark, but im not positive. I had it hooked in the dorsal fin, so i don't know how that happened, since I thought the shark ate my bait. We caught some more finger mullet and began fishing again. Tyler lands a 16.5 inch trout that seemed far too small to be eating the mullet he was using for bait. I miss a few fish and on my last cast, i finally set the hook into one. The fish comes up and shakes its head and my hook comes free. That fish took our last baitfish, so we packed it up and headed in. We were off the water by 12 30. We left the fish biting. Total count of keepers was 5 spanish, 2 flounder, and the trout. Nobody was home to take a picture so i became the cameraman and let Tyler get in the picture with all the fish. Get out there and fish!

Williamsdad

Re: August 4-Lighthouse

Post by Williamsdad »

Awesome. Thanks for the rext play by play, almost like being there.
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

Nice trip! :thumbup: :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Heck yeah!

You may want to add some ice cubes to your livewell to bring down the water temp. This time of year the bait will die quickly due to lack of oxygen in the water. In addition you may want to stop every so often on the way to your spot and add a bucket of new water. This should help keep them lively. :thumbup:
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

preciate it captain
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

captkeyser wrote:Heck yeah!

You may want to add some ice cubes to your livewell to bring down the water temp. This time of year the bait will die quickly due to lack of oxygen in the water. In addition you may want to stop every so often on the way to your spot and add a bucket of new water. This should help keep them lively. :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: What I found works even better is to freeze a gallon jug of water and put that in the live well it will last a long time :thumbup: :beer:
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Love that frozen jug idea, we'll try that.