St. Marks 4/5/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Went out St. Marks today, got there about 9 am, wind was blowing pretty good. First stop the bird racks, bottom fished about 1/2 hour with live shrimp, no action. Trolled using several sizes of Clarks spoons, 5.5 mph, 12 to 16 feet water, between bird rack and bouy 2. Just around bouy 2, gave to the water gods 1 clarks spoon and performed a nice open water release. trolling back one of our fishing partners was able to bring in a very nice 25" spanish, using a heavy duty rod with 20lb test and wire leaders. After one more beautiful open water release (lost him). because of the increased wind and seas headed back close to shore. We saw several spooked schools of bait fish around the oyster bars near the east mouth of St. Marks.
I'm kind of new to this, I have learned that light tackle does not work, 20-30lb test and stong leaders are needed. Good day, just a little wind burned. :smile:
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

4/6-

Caught spanish past the stake line drifting out, and trout inside of Gray Mare drifting out.

Caught a 7 1/2 ft Bull Shark that followed our trail of Minhadden oil up to my Pinfish right near the second stake.

*Caught is defined as getting him close enough to retrieve my equalizer, he could have the rest.