sebile stick shad!!

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

sebile stick shad!!

Post by skitterwalk »

I began the morning with the ole one knocker and found a school of reds right away with it landing a few upper slot fish. Then bakertize showed up as soon as I located fish and everyone was catching fish! But couldn't find the over 20" fish we were looking for until about an hour in.

the tide rolled in and so did I.I connected with a few reds closer up and even saw a few reds tailing!

But with the friggen air boats buzzing right over them the sight fishing option was not possible! :evil: the sun was geting up a bit to high for topwater in the clear water so I looked in my tackle box and said what the heck, I will give this sebile stick shad a cast or two to see how it looks in the water. It only took 3 twitches on my first cast after an hour or two of nothing happening to hook up with this bruiser.

YES MY FIRST CAST EVER WITH THIS LURE!! I was instantly sold and with the next cast brought in another over 20". Litterally 10 casts later a bulging wake bursted up behing my stick shad as soon as i twitched it.Now u tell me if he wanted that lure!

I began to master my retrieve with trout after trout inhaling the lure. I dont even know if I was being fair it was just so easy! and quality fish too. with multiple trout over 20" hauled in my hobie over the next rew hours I was about time this gator fell to the power of the sebile.

she went 25" and about gave me a heart attack every time she would take out drag because I saw how big she was. the day came to an and but shurely not the fishing lol. I found a pod of tailing reds with a few trout mixed in. the first trout i pilled out would have gone 24" had I landed her :evil: she spit it right at the boat. The Next cast in I pulled out this biggin.

then another

made a good cast far past the tailing reds and twitched it up to the edge of the pod. Then it never floated back up so I look at my reel and rod thinking what is wrong(i dont know why). I reel as fast as I could and finally realize one of the reds had already picked it up and had swam to the bow of the boat with it. The water was so shallow that when I set the hook she jumped clear out of the water and took me for a ride on the flat.

with one last tailing red on the stick shad. I headed in with the sun on the horizion.

I dont know what it was about that day my new coastas, the stick shad, or just me being the expert I am but it was a phenomanial day!
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: sebile stick shad!!

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

BOY YA GOTTA TEACH THE OLD MAN HOW YOU DO THAT, YA DID GREAT.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI :smt006 salute2 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

skitterwalk wrote:it was a phenomenal day!
"Phenomenal" is an under statement, skitterwalk! :o Please don't join the North Florida Gulf Fishing Club (NFGFC) because it would be embarrassing for you to win all of our trout tournaments. :roll: We are having our end-of-year banquet :lick: and awards ceremony on Sunday 12/12. I would be pleased if you (and your guest) would be my guest. :smt006
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

Harmsway wrote: I would be pleased if you (and your guest) would be my guest.
just let my dad know :D
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

HOT DAYUM Skitter!!! That is one heck of a day. Well done!!! :thumbup: :smt007
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

captkeyser wrote:HOT DAYUM Skitter!!! That is one heck of a day. Well done!!! :thumbup: :smt007
You darn Skippy that was a banner day. Great photos too. Thanks for sharing.
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

Great fishing Skitter and a great report as well. Thanks for sharing.
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Another great report and great trip Skitterwalk.
The Back Porch
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Good job Ben! That is a very good lure. Glad you are catching them!
Team Jolly Mon