Fish Tacos

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Just Fish
Site Sponsor

Re: Fish Tacos

Post by Just Fish »

1-2 lbs white flakey fish of your choice.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (any oil works)
good blackened, cajun, or old bay seasoning of your choice, enough to generously coat the fish, more if you want more spice.
Salt & pepper

For the mayo:
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1 large bulb garlic, chopped
2 tsp of the seasoning above
8 sprigs mint (optional I didnt have mint when I made them)
Juice of 1 lime (this is key ingredient)
Salt and pepper

For the tacos:
10 soft tortillas
1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
Pickled banana pepper strips (optional)
onion, minced finely
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges

1) Marinate the fish: In a bowl, combine oil, spices, salt and pepper. Add fish and make sure each piece is coated with the marinade. Let sit for 20 – 30 minutes.

2) Make mayo: Put mayo, garlic, mint, and lime juice in a food processor. Whizz until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and more lime juice if necessary. Pour into a bowl and set aside.

3) Grab a large nonstick saute pan, and warm it gently over medium heat; no need to add oil since the fish is already coated in oil. Cook about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through, but still moist. The fish should flake easily with a fork. Don’t overcook your fish! It’ll taste awful!

4) Remove fish from pan and cut into 1/2″ chunks. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas: I put a light layer of cabbage on the bottom, then the sauce, a few chunks of fish, the minced onion, a couple of slices of banana pepper and a squeeze of lime.
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

rc flanders has a real good one :lick:
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Styx.... the wife cooks a dang mean fish taco. She took Chalks recipe and added a couple twist to it to make it her own. So far chalks is the best i have had thus far with the exception of my wife’s add-ons.. I would definitely start with that one. Well worth it!!

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... 14&t=18477
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

RC-Talk to K8show, we have 'em about once a week.

Way to increase the value of this thread BH
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.