2011 revo HELUVA 1ST RUN!!

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

2011 revo HELUVA 1ST RUN!!

Post by skitterwalk »

It started out as a normal morning...Rob and I slip in the water at the crack of dawn in search of our quarry.The redfish,flounder, and gator trout. Twas quite productive in the morning despite the gail force winds that we illuded by hugung the shore line casting One knockers, spoons, and jigs. with a few highlights.

Rob is whoopin me with the reds in the begining on ADL Spoons .I just kept my head on straight and battled the wind for hours and finally it lays off. The water is slick as glass right up aganst the shoreline, so I stand up and pole up closer.When all of the sudden I knotice reds cruising EVERYWHERE! One ususpecting red cruses right up to the bow of my revo so I drop a jig right on his nose and Slurp! He actually ate in right off the bow of my boat in water that is CRYSTAL clear.

I was stoked about my first sight casted red off the bow of the boat! Poled around for another 30 min and Bamo! Another falls to my jig.

I mean to tell ya. the 580 lenses from coasta del mar will make those reds stand out like a soar thumb even in the grass. The reds are spooked enough to where they would just completly ignore my jig now so rob tells me about a place he knows that should be holding fish right now. So we pack it up and make a run to the last spot of the day. Along the way I pick a little flounder completing my slam.

when we get to the spot. I imeditely head to the slick water aganst the shoreline to try and sight cast to a red or two and am rewarded shorty there after 8)

The day was boiling to an end so I lay down my jig and pick up th One knocker in hopes of a few last minute trout over 20" to post on Kayak Wars. 2nd cast and a decent 24'' trout slams it. Stoked up, I snap a pic and go back for more. About half way through my retrieve. Some sort of Prehistoric Dinosaur clears the air knocking my plug out of the air and coming down on it like a ton of bricks 8O I yell "Monster trout rob! Monster trout!" With head thrashes that look like an actual alligator I begin to get scared of what my eyes are about to whitness. I see a trout that I thought would break the record books looking at her in the water and play her in and put the vice on her back and PHEWW! I whip her up in the yak and lay her on the measureing board. 30 inches! Skitterwalk you are da man! upon further review she went 29" but easily more if I layed her out on my three sided measureing board :mrgreen:

Definetly a day I will never forget! My first trip out in my 2011 hobie revolution I caught a slam, 29" trout, caught my 1st sightcasted red(25"), and my 1st red on an ADL spoon! there is something about that kayak im tellin you :roll:
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: 2011 revo HELUVA 1ST RUN!!

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

BOY, THOSE WERE SOME REALLY NICE FISH, YA GONNA HAVE TO TAKE THE OLD MAN WITH YOU SO I CAN LEARN HOW TO DO THAT. GREAT POST, THANKS.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI salute2 salute2
FUTCHCAIRO
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Cool pics but dat ain't no boat.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

Reel Cowboy wrote:Cool pics but dat ain't no boat.
you are right its a fishing machine 8)
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

skitterwalk wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote:Cool pics but dat ain't no boat.
you are right its a fishing machine 8)

It's something alright.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Unicorn, them Trout that size don't exist ask the folks that have never caught them they will tell you.

I gotta say you are doing a fine job of making folks look silly I wish I was a little younger I might join the plastic navy.

I like the easy chair I got on the front of my Carolina skiff.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

WOW.....Man O Man....What a catch!

Thanks for such a fine report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
mitchelltally
Site Sponsor

Post by mitchelltally »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Speachless..... :thumbup:
You sure are putting on a workshop over there Skitterwalk. Well friggin done!!!!
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

Good job Ben. A pleasure to meet you Saturday at St. Marks.
Great work out there on the water. Keep it up!
Also a pleasure to meet your father. Tell him he can stop by for a beer, he works close to my house, any time.
Sua Sponte
RLTW
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Just....wow
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Nuthin' like bustin' a new yak's cherry the way you done it, Ben! Better'n catchin a fish the first cast on a new rod (I bet). Good goin', fosho. :smt023 :smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Outstanding report, great day. Especially that sow trout, you can't say enough about her. Congrats! Just curious, what kind of pole are you using. I'm in the market for one for poling my native, and have been looking for the right one for a while. By the way, looks like you got the right color for shooting ducks out of, if your in to that sort of thing.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven