Late Announcment--Aucilla 10Dec10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Late Announcment--Aucilla 10Dec10

Post by Fisherman989 »

Arrived about 11 oclock--had to launch in the hole--but we made it. Started fishing right below the landing--right below the rocks.....no luck. Went on down below the island in the big hole. I have never caught a redfish in this hole... in over 40 years of fishing the Aucilla....but I did this time. I hooked a 27 inch redfish that weighed just over 8 lbs...on a mirrorlure no less. He was hooked with just one hook...the front one. When we got back home...and I cleaned him there were 30 fish in his belly....I counted them. From 1 inch to about 3 inches. The most I have ever seen. Of course you don't catch many 8 lb redfish either.
I hooked another 3 lb redfish a few minutes later....but he got off. Little did I know this would be the last bite of the day for me...but it was. We went on over to the rockpile but the tide never really came in this day . We fished for about 2 hours in about 1 foot of water....with topwater plugs...but didn't get a bite.
On the way back we stopped in Peler Creek and my partner caught a 22 in redfish for the only true bite he had all day.
No speckled trout were in or around Aucilla this day....only redfish. I forgot how hard a really big redfish is to clean....but they are. :D
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Late Announcment--Aucilla 10Dec10

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Congrats on the big Red! I have heard a lot of good stories about Aucilla lately..........HMMMMMMM. :-)
Team Jolly Mon