Foot/Wading Location suggestions

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mraquatics

Foot/Wading Location suggestions

Post by mraquatics »

Can anybody recommend good wading areas between St. Marks, and the Ochlockonee Bridge? I have fished Mashes Sandes and St. Marks a few times in obvious spots. I could use any suggestions.

Thanks!
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
cotton

Re: Foot/Wading Location suggestions

Post by cotton »

Try http://www.fcka.net and click on launches. Most kayak launches would also be appropriate for wade fishing.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Bottoms road. walk to the left of the ramp and keep going left and out. Be careful of oysters, turtle grass and very deep mud. Wear protective shoes and be careful for holes.

before we had a boat, we used to go there all the time; caught many big trout, reds, macks, and sharks.

In big bend classic two years ago I landed a 30" cobe off a gold spoon. Tarpon occasionally roll through as well.

Bald point is decent as well, but current is rough and best for reds. lots of oyster bars.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Alligator Harbor along HWY 98, and its a littel west of your requirements, but good fishing for waders.
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

good wading west of carrabelle
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Try Highway 98 in St. Teresa. Thick mud first 10 yards, then hard bottom. Throw gold Sprite spoons. Redfish, trout, mackerel, bluefish, sharks.