Rivers n' Creeks

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Rivers n' Creeks

Post by skitterwalk »

With all of the windy and absolutley FREEZING weather we have been having here lately. Rob and I decide to hit the rivers, springs and creeks to find the fish that have moved up in their for the winter.We fish Tue. at springcreek in hopes of finding the reds and trout bunched up around the little springs that are abundant along the river. I start off with bouncing a 1/4 oz. jig in and around the springs in the middle of the river to no avail. Rob had several springs marked so we hopped from spring to spring with yet again nothing. Only the sight of hundreds of Bohemath sheepshead circiling down inside the spring added to the overall frutration of not catching fish. With nothing left to try at this point we work our way up a creek and finally...I catch the first fish of the day. A 19" trout on a jig.

with nothing but a few more trout, pupy drum,and a @#$% load of stumps and logs. We leave to fish another day.

FFW to today

Hearing reports of trout being caught in the hundreds. We decide to hit the St. Marks river this time. We paddled up about a half mile or so and start casting jigs along the bank. no more than 5 minutes into the day and my jig gets crushed and my drags starts singin giving my new stradic Ci4 it's first real workout. :D By the time the fish gets to the boat I had a fan club watchin me fight the durn thing. :lol:

she went 26" and definetly made my day. We went on to catch a BUNCH of trout on the bends of the river suspended about half way down. Jigs, and the rapala subwalk were the to go baits for me today, and anyone can go do this just get out and go fish.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Rivers n' Creeks

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for another good report. I always enjoy reading you stories about your fishing trips.

My wife and I went to Spring Warrior yesterday and caught zero. However, we enjoyed the day and saw what Spring Warrior looked like inside the creek.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

There you go, Skitter!!! Beautiful fish! :thumbup:
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

:smt038 :smt109 :smt039
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I thought you were going to call me? :-)
Team Jolly Mon
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

honestly I had no idea i was supposed to but I hope you got out!