Why the bite turned off ??????

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DAVE

Why the bite turned off ??????

Post by DAVE »

Does anyone have any explanation why or how the fishing could be so good a few days ago and then just turn off? We fished the St Mark's and Wakulla rivers last week and caught fish all day, not so much in the Wakulla. Starting Friday and Saturday the fish seemed to have lock jaw or something. Was it do to the temp or the rain that was coming? Any info would appreciated to understand what took place . Thanks Dave
What a mess

Re: Why the bite turned off ??????

Post by What a mess »

You were fishing on JT's hole and had not payed you 2011 dues so you were entitled to no fish.

That is all!

WAM OUT
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

Pressure was up, water temp down.

That and I decided to go fishing... :cry:
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Pressure and temps had nothing to do with it.
Hole rent had everything to do with it.
Pay up or do without.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Pressure and temps had nothing to do with it.
Hole rent had everything to do with it.
Pay up or do without.
That's what she said :smt005 :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Post by Charlie P »

Dave, by Friday, the fish had moved up river. We had to go all the way to Newport bridge to locate them.
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

Ok thanks for all the replies! What is the cost of the yearly dues, do i just use the DONATE key ay the top? I realy enjoy this site and would like to become a full member and if I get to rent out some good fishing holes thats a plus! When is the next meeting @ Beef's and what are the requirements for membership? thank you

Charlie P, I was just pasted the power plant were I had caught fish all day and the same place my luck ran out the next day , but you are suggesting closer to the bridge somtimes? I wounder that caused the fish to move? To locate the fish when they move are you just trying different know holes or are you using some electronics? Thanks!
mitchelltally
Site Sponsor

Post by mitchelltally »

We fished the St. Marks yesterday with no luck. I thought the same, that the bite had turned off, however a group of guys next to us kept hauling fish in and I didn't see any one else catching at the same rate. The big difference was they had live bait (shrimp). We checked with several others we saw out on the water and got the same response "only caught a couple and they were short".
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

You caught them all... :smt017
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

We had some really low tides for several days and it warmed up just a tiny bit. I think it moved the fish further out the river, i.e. past the fort heading out towards the bay. Same thing for us, we had great fishing up river and then nothing, so we moved back out and starting picking up small ones and some keepers. Went about half way out the river on some bars at sunset we caught many reds and a six lbs trout on mud minnows. Just keep moving a half mile or so and make some cast till you start picking up fish, and look for mullet.
CROCKER

Post by CROCKER »

WE WENT LAST WEEK TO AUCILLA CAUGHT THEM UP RIVER ON LOW TIDE, ON THE HIGH TIDE WE MOVED TO SOME SMALL CREEKS AROUND THE WEST PASS AND CAUGHT SOME BIG TROUGHT. THE SUSPENDED DIVER OUTFISHED GRUBS AND LIVEBAIT. FISH 4-5' DEEP, STOP AND GO VERY SLOW, MORE ON THE STOP THAN GO
2DB

Post by 2DB »

What a mess wrote:You were fishing on JT's hole and had not payed you 2011 dues so you were entitled to no fish.

That is all!

WAM OUT
Boy JT is everywhere is there like a card swipe available or is it by application only?