3-21

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

3-21

Post by skitterwalk »

The fog was less intence than it has been this morning which made the water a bit more choppy but the fish were their and so were Rob and I. Sliped in a bit after safe light and went to work. Rob took the lead down the shoreline and buttons up with a nice red purdy quick. And again, i look over and he is reeling in a fish. He picked her up trolling a topwater 8O . Didn't even know you could do that! Sweet 26.5 red.(He will post his pics) I finally found a 20" trout and just about had things figured out when we took a lunch break. Got back on the water during the falling tide and it was on. I tied on an old twitch bait that had been mangled by to many fish to even identify! And two aftermarket hooks that were two different colors...you know. The kind of lure that diserves to be thrown away! Made a little backhand toss off the side of the yak to see how she looked in the water and shazam! First red of the day! Who would have thunk it.
Once I saw the magical powers this suspender possesed. I put her to work on a grassy point and once again...astounding results.
A wading on looker watched the whole fight and ofcourse showed off my catch :wink:
About that time Rob calls me," BEN!! Where are you when I need you! Just landed a 25 inch trout man!" :o To bad I wasnt their to take a pic with his prize :( congrats on the trout rob, she was a nice one. Just as the sun began to get low in the sky. Rob gets a call and we left to slay another day. :2
smeseroll
Site Sponsor

Re: 3-21

Post by smeseroll »

Nice fish man. Was this AH again? Did you find your tackle box?
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

nope different place. reds are every where, and no tacklebox found:( the three lures I have left tho will still catch fish! haha
RayMalloy

Post by RayMalloy »

Funny how the Reds are together, the Trout are together, and the Macks are together.
NIce fish SW! However, I must warn you that I recognize that cloud in the backgound of the big red pic! :D
"Fish don't care how much you paid for your tackle."