Why so few reports?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Re: Why so few reports?

Post by PinFishKing »

quick report. Typed in a long one earlier and it was lost after I submitted it.

3 people in the boat.

Friday - on the water at 3 PM. Left at 7:30 PM. 12 keeper trout and many spanish.

Saturday - on the water at 8 AM. Left at 5:30 PM. 14 keeper trout, several spanish including a hawg - as long as the cooler.

Most caught between 3 and 4 foot deep on a white or pink grub under a popping cork. Few caught with no cork same depth. Dissapointing 2 or 3 caught on a live pinfish dragged under a cork behnd the boat.

Went west out of Econfina toward aAcilla. Tried East but - water is way too clear.

Very upset over new grouper regs. Plan on hurting the trout for a while.
You just can't fix stupid.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

lordsfisher wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:Especially those who stop on the side of the road to assist a fellow fisherman who may be in distress.
:thumbup:

OK, I'll write a report. Whatever I know or learn, others are welcome to it. I'd love to be able to bless someone else with some fish from my info.
Lead by example brother!! :thumbup: :thumbup: I feel the same way. I dont mind putting people on all JT51's holes. Dont mind at all!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:I dont mind putting people on all JT51's holes. Dont mind at all!
I don't even bother telling people about JT51's holes. Everybody already knows those, right?! I even think I saw something about those spots on the bathroom wall at the rest area with your name up there.

:lol:
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Went to the bahamas on a company trip went fishing, on the boat we caught 1 each wahoo tuna and mahi.
I was the only one to not boat a fish we were trolling only and pulled off the fish to boat ride for an hour of a four hour trip. It really pissed me off they knew right were they were and left them biting.
The fish were cooked and eaten imediatley and were awesome.

Took off Fri drove to St. Augustine to meet up with a buddy and stay on his 2 bedroom 2 bathroom yacht. (So thats how the other half live.) Took the skiff caught a couple blues Fri. Another buddy drove in with his family he joined us in the AM he got a nice red 26.75". Tom got a 19" week fish at the jetties on shrimp on the bottom.. I caught another small blue & drove home. I am ready to fish.

I got cussed at the jetties for getting to close to a boat we were on a drift he cut in front of me and anchored. We had gotten away from the armada and were by ourselves at the end of the jetty.

I miss fishing I really like it. I also busted some brim in the back yard. I missed all of March and most of April. We fished the last day of Trout season and killed it at the Warrior we were near nobody got on fish next thing you know what brand of cigs they are smoking. everyone is on top of me. We caught em on bite a baits limited no huge trout but many nice ones. & a Black Drum on a plug.
Last edited by What a mess on April 11th, 2011, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I don't think I have ever seen a report that included exact locations on where they caught fish. Usually it's east of Ecky, lighthouse or whatever. However it is truly helpful to others to say what depth or color worked. It always put that info as well as water temp to help others out. Besides the reports are fun to read especially when your day goes like ours did this weeks trip. I can understand tournament fishermen not divulging locations, unless they are JT's holes, but the stories are great and the pictures are even better. Like the banana on BB's boat. Most folks cant fish every weekend and therefore cant pattern the fish. I'll help out others to catch fish any way I can. If they are drifting where I wanted to fish I just move to the next closest spot and start fishing.
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

The one person on here that stands out in my mind as giving advice and spots has been Captkeyser. I'm sure there are others, but he has been very generous. A professional like him can give his spots and he has so much experience that the average guy will never catch up with what he knows because he's light years ahead. I've never met him but if I have the opportunity to send him some guide business, I will. I hope it gets paid back to him. Just my opinion, others may disagree.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I went outta Mashes on Sunday around 7:30, back in at 11:30, fished mostly between 2 and 3 foot, caught a 20" Red, 22" Trout and about a dozon Trout around 15 or 16 inches "didn't keep or measure them". Then moved out to where the water went from 3 to 7 foot pretty qhick and caught 4 Spanish betwween 18 and 22 inches "there was a bunch more out there :thumbup: I was closer to Bald Point than Mashes for the Red and Trout and about half way inbetween for the Spanish :wink: that's as specific as I'm gonna get :smt004

PS: The Red was caught on a top dog, the trout on a glow white/red tail shrimp jig under a CT and the Spanish will hit anything flashy and moving fast :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

Put in at Fenholloway yesterday morning about 10:00, ran through the fog a few miles toward spring warrior, upon stopping at a bar we spotted a school of reds feeding, threw a white jerkshad I had already rigged and first cast a 7 plus pound slot red, next cast a 25 incher, caught quite a few more in this area, none over slot, reds stopped feeding for a while so we went to try a trout, tried from 6 ft to 2 ft with not too many fish caught, went towards hickory mound and fished around another bar, water was clear so I got on the platform and had my dad on the troller, found another school of reds and started culling to get another 26 inch plus in the boat, decided we had caught enough reds for the day so we tried to catch a few more trout but still could get any consistent bites, ended up with nice reds a mess of trout and a rock bass. Only down side was developed a crack in my Aluminum prop and had to get out in waste deep water and put the stainless on. Great day on the water as always.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

H-n-M,
Happy now?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the reports !!!! always enjoy a good read.....especially since I haven't been able to get down and fish any. Maybe sometime soon. Good luck Greg
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Heck, as a Georgia boy I love reading the reports.. Gives me something to nag the wife over until she can't stand hearing me and asks me to leave and go fishing.. I'll be headed that way tomorrow and will post one once we get back! Tight Lines! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....