Before you go to St. George to fish the east end cut!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishnTim

Post by FishnTim »

I am sure this has been discussed here before, but I drove all the way out there Sunday only to find that they only sell 20 off road passes a day, which you need to get down to the cut if you don't have a boat. This is a local park rule, and is not posted in any of their pamphlets that I've ever seen. I understand their desire to keep it a quality spot, but they need to publicize the limitation, a lot of people drive down there to fish that place. Plus, they don't have like a tag or something that you return when you leave so they could let someone else down there.
crabjoe
Site Sponsor

Post by crabjoe »

Didn't know anything about fishing there the first and only I've gone. Thought I could just walk the path until someone in a 4wheel drive told me that it was 5 miles! :eek: Wound up pulling my cart across the dunes and fishing there. What a stunad I was! :???:
phish-n-fool

Post by phish-n-fool »

If you drive out to the pass you will almost always see more than 20 trucks out there. They sell annual 4WD permits for $85 (i think) which allows you gate access 2-4-7. I don't know how many of these they sell or if there is a limit. Sounds like a question GIZMO could answer???