Keaton Offshore 18-20 Apr

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Kai Lover

Post by Kai Lover »

Very good weather for three days. Pre-fished Keaton tourn Thurs/Fri--didn't do us much good, since our biggest fish was 10 lb and the winner was 22. 62lb cobia was weigh-in during tourn.

Bite was slow for us and we had to work hard for our fish. Bite was early morning and late evening all three days.

Thurs we caught a limit of 10. Most caught in 60' of water trolling.

Fri - we could only manage 5 keepers, but picked up two slimy kings about 30". We went deep 46 miles out and 80' of water. It sure was pretty. Friend slayed the big AJs early. Good eats Friday night w/ some boyz from Tifton. Danced with Dolphins this day.

Sat - bumpy azz ride out to 33 mile hole w/tide change. First fish on w/in minutes. Several throwbacks and ended up with 5 keepers to 30". No kings.

Busted my stainless pliers taking a hook out and burned my bilge pump. I only lost 1 stretch 30. Tried the new snake 30 and the thing wouldn't swim straight. 4 Stroke again ran like a dream. 46 miles offshore and ran 10 hours she burned 35 gallons. Did a sound compare next to a 225 Honda 4 Stroke. I couldn't hear my motor over the Honda. Good trip.:eek: