Snapper night with the fellas

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Snapper night with the fellas

Post by dolphinatic »

Haven't had a chance to fish offshore during the day, so we decided to go at night while everybody else was sleeping (that includes wives, kids & clients) :wink: The plan was to meet at C-Quarters at 8:30pm. Didn't leave Tally till 8:30pm. Got to C-Quarters around 10:00pm and picked up our bait that Kim so graciously left for us :thumbup: Launched from the ramp around 10:30pm. No wind, just a light breeze. Water was as flat as Lake Ella. Clear skies, etc... We head out into the dark with a plan to be back around 4am so everybody could get to work on time Friday morning :o

We arrive at spot #1 about 11:15pm and mark lots of fish. The water was so calm, that we didn't have to anchor at first. The fish were HONGRY and started nailing cigar minnows as soon as they hit the bottom. The pattern was grunt, grunt, grunt, grunt, gag, grunt, rock bass, gag, grunt, grunt.....you can finish the sequence. Finally, the snapper got the memo. We fished the spot for about 2 hours with the above sequence never ceasing. Because of time, we decided to hit spot #2. Went to start the engine and it would only spin over....no fire. We piddled with it for an hour, and then decided to call for a tow. Sea Tow jumped right on 16, but unfortunately, my buddy had Boat US. We tried to reach them for an hour with no luck. Sea Tow was kind enough to monitor the channel for us and assist if necessary :thumbup: After an hour, the Coast Guard chimed in and took our info to relay to Boat US. Another hour later, the CG lets us know they got ahold of Boat US and that they were being dispatched. Needless to say, my buddy is pretty pissed at this point. The rest of us were fine fishing under the stars and continuing to catch fish, tell jokes, insult each others families, etc.... :-D Finally, the tow boat shows up at 4:30am :o We get tied up and he hauls us in at 22 mph! Slow at responding, but dang fast at getting us back in. We get back to the dock around 6:15am, get loaded up and haul it back to Tally. Everybody made it back to work, a little late :roll: , and made it through a busy Friday. I knocked off around 6pm and came home and crashed after being up for 36 hours :sleep:

Still don't know what's wrong with the boat, but we plan on doing it again next week :thumbup:

We ended up with plenty of rock bass, a limit of snapper, a few white trout, grunts galore and 2 octopusses (octopi?). Released numerous gags :( All fish caught on squid and cigar minnows. Fished between 60-65 ft. No pictures due to the fact that the GPS power supply quit working and my camera battrys were the only ones that fit. Figured the gps was more important than the camera. Fun night out on the water despite the engine trouble. Kudos again to Sea Tow and the CG for checking on us and my buddy is going to be switching over before the next outing :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
JTR

Re: Snapper night with the fellas

Post by JTR »

Awesome! :thumbup:

Hate to hear about the motor problems and Tow Boat US. Glad y'all made it in safe.

My crew wants to do a night fishing trip, just gotta make room in the schedule.
The roar of the engine, the morning air blowing on your face, the darkness is broken as the sun rises above the water revealing the silhouette of a lone bird in the water..........in front of the boat........standing.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Snapper night with the fellas

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Glad ya'll got some grunts.
We've been telling everyone for years now about the 24-7 from SeaTow.Forum members and NFGFC members get a discount too.
Plus,with SeaTow,they don't care whose boat you are in or on.
A guest on your boat that is a SeaTow member can have your boat attended.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?