St. Marks 4/22

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Surfguy

Post by Surfguy »

The Wildlife Refuge never fails to amaze me with it's scenery. It's a beautiful place that I wish I would have known about before getting the boat. I put in at around 0930 and was greeted by stiff, gusty west/southwest winds. After hopping around the channel a bit in the chop, I made my way over to the east flats. I began in front of the creek mouth in 4' of water. This is where I found them last week, and with the pure east drift, I knew I'd have to be right on the money regarding depth to catch consistently. 4' wasn't the answer, so with the next drift I moved in to 3.5' and found them. The bite was a little slow all day, but I managed to bring home 4 nice trout--one 18".
By the way, I've decided to become an aftermarket retailer of tailess saltwater assassins! I'm letting them go fairly cheap!! :grin:
SG
waitin

Post by waitin »

If you find a buyer for those tailess bodies, I will gladly contribute to your supply. :grin: