As much as I hate it, I must admit its right

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Quixote

As much as I hate it, I must admit its right

Post by Quixote »

I'm no big fan of wallyworld but,

1 Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour
of every day.

This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.
Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger +
Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined..

Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's
largest private employer, and most speak English.

Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and
Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains
sought bankruptcy.

Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store
in the world.

Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of
which 2,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than
it had five years ago..

This year 7.2 billion different purchasing
experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores.
(Earth's population is
approximately 6.5 Billion.)

90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of
a Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart has gross sales that total more than the
total revenue of all the countries in the world,
except 6.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am
really laying the ground work for suggesting that
MAYBE we should hire the
guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans
Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To the President and all 535 voting members
of the Legislature, both parties.

It is now official -
you are ALL corrupt morons:

a..
The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775.
You have had 234 years to get it right
and it is broke.

b..
Social Security was established in 1935.
You have had 74 years to get it right
and it is broke.

c..
Fannie Mae was established in 1938.
You have had 71 years to get it right
and it is broke.

d..
War on Poverty started in 1964.
You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion
of our money is confiscated each year
and transferred to "the poor"
and they only want more.

e..
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.
You have had 44 years to get it right
and they are broke.

f..
Freddie Mac was established in 1970.
You have had 39 years to get it right
and it is broke.

g..
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to
lessen our dependence on foreign oil.
It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a
budget of $24 billion a year
and we import more oil than ever before.
You had 32 years to get it right
and it is an abysmal failure.

!!!You have FAILED !!!
in every "government service" you have shoved
down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS
TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED
WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN THE
AUTO INDUSTRY.... THE BANKING SYSTEM?????

MAYBE WE OUGHT TO KICK YOUR EGG-HEAD
BUDDY BUMS OUT OF OFFICE AND
HIRE WALMART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT ???

WALMART SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS...
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST ADMIT
IT'S WAY BEYOND YOUR PAY GRADE, AND QUIT?
RalphKramden2011

Re: As much as I hate it, I must admit its right

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

Those are facts and they are not in dispute!

Thanks for a great post!
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Could Wal mart be part of the economy"s problem?
My family has not shopped at wal-mart for 2 years because of the way they treat their employees , other companys, even their suppliers...Wal mart has one of the highest precentage of employees that qualify for welfare in the country..They acually encourage their employees to apply for welfare vs giving the more pay or even more hours ..Wal mart can put in orders for thousands of units for a product demand it to be expedited then cancel the day before it is due to ship after production has been completed..Then they can tell the manufactuer they will take the product with a discount .The manufacter knowing they can not move the units will let the units go at the discount just to keep it from being a total loss. ...There have been many American deams crushed by Corprate Wal mart remember when one of Wal Marts best selling pitches was MADE IN THE USA ....very few things at Wal Mart are MADE IN AMERICA .. NAFTA saw to that and how much did Wal Mart Support and push for NAFTA ? I will spend more to support the locally owned mom and pop stores and buisnesses which have a very hard time competing with Wal-Mart. Now let's go fishing!
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Its not just Wal Mart that operates "Big Corporate" bullying with its Suppliers, just about every large business does the same.
It is not right, but it is true.
They are also some of the worst payers, demanding credit facilities that are eye watering.
Trust me , I know. :evil:
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

How did you miss that this isn't about Wal Mart even in the least.

It is about our Goverment and its epic failure to get the job done right.

Sure Wal Mart has done some things wrong but they are in the black.

The Goverment has done few things right and to say they are in the red.......

We don't want Wal Mart to run our country, what a shame we allowed our goverment to ruin our country.

EPIC FAIL. When I screwed up in the Marines they shaved my head and sent me to Japan.

Shave thier head and buy them a one way ticket to an island on the other side of the world.

They will screw up the island, but at least then we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

I want my country back the one that had a belief system, morals, I am proud to be an American.

I LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN WE WILL BE PROUD OF AMERICA AGAIN.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Okay, step out of the way, let business guide America. We did that in the 1920s. Remember how that worked out?
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

What made Walmart work was making it a one stop shop. Everything under one roof. Except Lumber. Why not lumber, because the lumber suppier who sells to Walmart would lose their Home Depot and Lowes markets.

Our Government works all under one roof too. The problem with the government is they don't discard a bad product.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

The problem with our government is that it is at least 3X too big. The fed should not have a department of education, should not be in the welfare business and should not run health care. It should stick to its Constitutional mandate and quit expanding the interstate commerce clause and the general welfare clause.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

MudDucker wrote:The problem with our government is that it is at least 3X too big. The fed should not have a department of education, should not be in the welfare business and should not run health care. It should stick to its Constitutional mandate and quit expanding the interstate commerce clause and the general welfare clause.
I agree.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:The problem with our government is that it is at least 3X too big. The fed should not have a department of education, should not be in the welfare business and should not run health care. It should stick to its Constitutional mandate and quit expanding the interstate commerce clause and the general welfare clause.

EXACTLY!

Everytime folks start complaining about our government, they get labled "anti-government". I am not anti government. I am anti BIG government.

The best way I ever heard government described is that it is like cancer. It first attaches to a healthy host, then it starts growing uncontrollably until it has taken over most of the host, then it finishes by killing its host, thus killing itself!

BUT, my dad always had a quote he used: "Our form of government is the worst in the world.....except for all the rest"

Folks, you got to have some government, cuz anarchy is not too hot either. But you also got to have sense enough to know that you got to work for what you get, it is not an "entitlement".

I guess thats about all I got to say about that.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RalphKramden2011

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

Dubble Trubble wrote:

EXACTLY!

Everytime folks start complaining about our government, they get labled "anti-government". I am not anti government. I am anti BIG government.

The best way I ever heard government described is that it is like cancer. It first attaches to a healthy host, then it starts growing uncontrollably until it has taken over most of the host, then it finishes by killing its host, thus killing itself!

BUT, my dad always had a quote he used: "Our form of government is the worst in the world.....except for all the rest"

Folks, you got to have some government, cuz anarchy is not too hot either. But you also got to have sense enough to know that you got to work for what you get, it is not an "entitlement".

I guess thats about all I got to say about that.

Dubble :thumbup:

Lots of truth here which is a liberal's worst nightmare!

Even a liberal like Carville recognizes probable pending anarchy with entitlement reductions. Maybe or maybe not! Putting off dealing with reality is never an answer!
In addition and most often simultaneous with all the other classifications and subclassifications we have I propose a new one: ENTITLEMENT AMERICAN.
Hells bells, they've already got more rights and protections than even HIV/AIDS carriers!
Most of them can best be recognized by their fad dress, full grocery carts paid for with food stamps, standing appointments for any and all free healthcare, etc.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Yes, some people abuse the system. Blame them, not the system. And then help both. I know plenty of folks who have paid taxes for many years and now need the help. Without the feds, they would be starving. My oldest brother would be one of them.

There is way too much hate on this board for a bunch of folks who want to call themselves christians and patriots.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Gumbo wrote:There is way too much hate on this board for a bunch of folks who want to call themselves christians and patriots.
:pop_1
Aw C'mon, I know someone has a response to that.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

There is waaay to much hate in this country, let alone this board.