Tarpon

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Joe
Site Sponsor

Re: Tarpon

Post by Joe »

Gentleman on that map.... Never knew it existed.
Tkmcknig

Post by Tkmcknig »

About how close to the shore are the tarpon at Lanark? I'm taking the yak out there tomorrow and I figured I'd throw out a pin fish and see if one can find my rig.
Tkmcknig

Post by Tkmcknig »

I think I saw a tarpon today at Lanark or rather a tarpon saw me. While I was fishing I heard 3-4 times what I thought was a dolphin surfacing somewhere around me. I kept looking around but didn't see anything. Then I heard it again right behind me but when I turned around the fish had already spooked, and it made a big wake. I'm assuming it was a tarpon gulping air. Too bad it went behind my yak instead of in front where I had a tasty pinfish waiting to make friends.

Side note: Missed two trout at the boat and while I was drifting I had something tear some drag off the pinfish I was trolling. Unfortunately it spit the hook before I could get it set. It was probably a small shark, since that was all i could seem to catch with the pinfish today.