Steinhatchee Scallopingand fishing????

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ragansm1

Steinhatchee Scallopingand fishing????

Post by ragansm1 »

Going next week. How is it or is it at all?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Steinhatchee Scallopingand fishing????

Post by MudDucker »

Scalloped yesterday at Pepperfish. Got all I wanted to clean and was back at the dock by 1:30. The armada is growing and on the way in, it stretched all the way from Pepperfish to the mouth of the river.

Be careful, there were two types of idiots very prevalent Saturday. The most dangerous one were the guys in rental boats who ran in at nearly full throttle into the midst of the armada. I nearly went and throttled one with my bare hands. The other are the idiots who think they put out a dive flag and then swim 200 yards from their flag.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
leesburgga

Re: Steinhatchee Scallopingand fishing????

Post by leesburgga »

Two weeks ago at St. Marks, we had our dive flag out and were about to get in the water when a boat came by on plane within about 50 yards from us (really too close to run to an anchored vessel in any situation much less one with a dive flag flying). A lady on the boat was hollering at the driver and pointing at us. He just looked and kept going. This was the first time that we had seen that particular boat so I don't believe he knew how many of us were on the boat and then he did a head count - yeah that's what he did, uh! Thank goodness we weren't in the water yet. It is people like that who give fishing, boating, etc a bad name and also people like that for whom the government can argue they should regulate further and then we all lose another of the few liberties that we have left.