dahlonega

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

dahlonega

Post by SHOWBOAT »

A few weeks back there was a thread about what to do in north Georgia. Katie and I just spent a long weekend in Dahlonega and will head back in future. Beautiful area; you GA boys are luckier than the Florida crowd gives you credit for.

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: dahlonega

Post by wevans »

It is purty up thar :thumbup: funny how the Ga. folks want ta come down here and all us N. Fl. folks head up there :-D seems the place ya visit is always callin ya back :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Lots to do in and around Dahlonega.. I went to college there back in the early 60's but its really changed since then. From there on up to Cleveland and Helen and points north are really beautiful. Some decent trout fishing up there in the creeks and streams too..
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Purty.
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

I also, went to school up there 72 to 76, fished in every stream and crawled in every old mine I could find.

A cool mountain stream sure feels good on a hot Summer day.
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I know the pics are small, but does anybody know what kind of bass that is? It didn't look quite right for a large mouth. Are thre shoal bass or spots in that region?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

It certainly is a lovely area and most of the fishing we saw and I did, was trout fishing.
One day we did visit Camp Glisson Dam, about a mile or so from Dahlonega and we saw large mouth bass being landed there and a channel catfish.
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

SHOWBOAT wrote:I know the pics are small, but does anybody know what kind of bass that is? It didn't look quite right for a large mouth. Are thre shoal bass or spots in that region?

Hard to tell from the picture, but did it have a red spot on its eyes?
I use to catch those in the the Chestee River.
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
RalphKramden2011

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

NGC Class '64 here!

A truly beautiful location and great school in so many ways!