WTB- underground pet fence

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

WTB- underground pet fence

Post by Rhettley »

We live in a subdivision on the outskirts of Moultrie. My two bird dogs rarely cause any problems other than aggravating the mother in law. Last night they got into the neighbor's chicken pen and killed a couple so I'm going to have to find a way to keep them in the yard. I don't want to put a real fence around the yard and I already have a 10' by 10' pen but they hate being in it and we like having them close to the house. We have a 7 year old boy so an above ground electric fence won't work. It would be entertaining as he can't resist touching something when told not to but that's another story.

Does anyone have an underground pet containment system they don't need they'd like to get rid of? I'm wanting to fence off at least a half acre with it but more would be better if possible. The two dogs weigh about 55 pounds each and are very trainable.
Thanks.
Rhett

You can email me at Rhettley1@aol.com
tabb

Re: WTB- underground pet fence

Post by tabb »

You want a wireless containment system. No wire to bury. Dogs go through a short training period and you can set the area of their run. It keeps my two dogs in the yard as long as the batteries are good. I think you can set it for 90 feet from where the tower is located.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Tabb -

Post a link to whatever system you are using if you don't mind. I have a similar problem with a neighbor who got reported for running a VW shop out of his home - he now reports everyone else for everything. My dogs got reported to animal control, so I have to figure out a way to keep them home.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Steve I just found this site with some reviews of systems. I'm still not sure whether to go with the underground wire or the wireless transmitter. The wobble factor and the fact that the dog has to retreat farther with the radio transmitter type worries me. I was hoping to find one someone had that they were not using anymore and wanted to sell.
http://www.dogfencediy.com/wireless-dog-fence/
http://www.dogfencediy.com/reviews/
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Hey Rhet
I got the wireless one that Home depot carries for about $300. and it works great on my dog. Good thing about the wireless is that if you travel with your dogs any....camping, visiting family etc.... you can take it with you as long as you've got an outlet.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Thanks for all the advice. I got a message on here and picked up a used one in Thomasville from a forum member. Couldn't have come at a better time as a little female in the neighborhood is in heat and Tater was MIA for a couple of days. He's gonna be a bit "shocked" next time he tries to run away... Now I guess I have to turn him from Tater Chip to Tater Clipped. I hate to do it to him but he's earned himself a trip to the vet this time.