Need a place to eat in Albany

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: Need a place to eat in Albany

Post by Barhopr »

I'll give you a call tomorrow Dave.Looks like the match is @ Sherwood Christian on Old Pretoria. Is that close to either place?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

No, it's that complex is about 10 miles out of town. Call me and I will help you decide.
Team Jolly Mon
mullet

Post by mullet »

Flint River Pirate wrote:I wouldn't do Blackbeards.
Why?

I liken the comparison to Coastal and Angelos. Blackbeards is the coastal, The catch is Angelos. If you want fried seafood or AYCE and a LOT of food for a good price I'd say Blackbeards all day. If you want specialty type foods, smaller portions(still adequate) and a higher price tag go for the catch.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Mullet, Blackbeards had changed a lot over the years. It is always packed so someone likes it. I'm just not a big fan, we've had a few bad experiences and I pay attention to the health scores in the Herald.
Team Jolly Mon
bcarver

Post by bcarver »

Don't get Henry's (on Dawson Rd.) confused with Henry Campbell's Steakhouse (629 North Westover Blvd.). If going to Henry Campbell's, I suggest making reservations. (229) 594-9288
:lick: :lick: :lick:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Thanks for the recommendation Dave. The Catch was ghoot. I had a Steak that was OK, the wife had the paneed rainbow trout 9 out of 10, neice had the Ahi tuna 8 out of 10. Sister had the Blaken Grouper 9 out of 10, Mom had the crab cakes 8 out of 10. Dad had paneed grouper but I cant give a review becasue he wouldn't share.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Good deal, glad you enjoyed it. Next time maybe I will be in town and we can join you. I will holler at you soon.
Team Jolly Mon
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

MY House! You catch-um, we cook-um. Good atmosphere with a half dozen little grandkids pestering you. No air condition, lots of fishing stories (LIes). 15 miles from Albany. We only charge $200.00 per plate. Roaches and other critters are free (if you can catch-um.) No crowds to contend with. Lots of war stories about growing up at Nut All Rise on the Aucilla River during the outlaw days. What more could you ask for?? :thumbup:
Just kidding brother, my vote is Blackbeards on Slappy Drive.

Semper FI
salute2
Semper Fi