Yet Another Weekend Wadefishing Harmonic Convergence

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Yet Another Weekend Wadefishing Harmonic Convergence

Post by GaryDroze »

Friday morning, the forecast is for negative low tides and up to 20 knot north winds early. This is the time to learn what the holes look like in creeks east & west of the lighthouse. Put on your mucklucks & a warm jacket, and you might have a rewarding hike. Amazing what you can find out on blown-out inshore days. :)
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Yet Another Weekend Wadefishing Harmonic Convergence

Post by Steve Stinson »

Gary - How did weigh-in #2 go Saturday?
Thanks - Steve
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Steve,
Different protocol, but I got a break. My reds didn't have the weight to win (they only awarded for first), but the seven spots on the red earned $100 from the ever-gracious Otto. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Thanks again for allowing me to crank through weigh-in. I couldn't stay long enough to find out if my biggest trout eaked out 2nd. Do you know?

If anybody wants to meet me for wading the Refuge Friday morning at 8am, I'll point out where (sometimes) those honker flounder gather. No guarantees for success, though!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Whoops...I meant red & trout combo weight in previous post, in case FWC was reading. Only ONE red!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Gary,

I think you won stringer and flounder; hopefully Katie gave you the $. I believe your trout was third, Buschatz and the Bass Boys each eaked pass you. BassBoys als0 took the combo.

Congrats on a great day! Which I could join you Friday.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks, Steve. Got the $ delivered to me at track practice; much appreciated! Could not believe the massive shape of Pat's 8lb red. What a brute. Ditto Rick's 5lb+ trout. Nice going, guys, and congrats to Jeff & Chuck on ANOTHER sidepot win, and great consistency for the year. Gotta be impressed by a team that can fish both high and low water.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks, Brian, that is! Speaking of consistency, you had yourself a great season. Well done.