Two boat trip, anyone?

This area is for discussing all aspects of diving and spearfishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Two boat trip, anyone?

Post by Wil »

Myself and a handful of other divers are going to go out of Carrabelle on Sunday, weather permitting. It will be primarily a spearfishing trip. I may have one or two more spearfishermen than my boat will comfortably handle. If anyone wants to do a two boat trip, and wouldn't mind taking an extra diver or two, let me know.

My boat will comfortably dive four people, and as it stands right now there would be myself and 4 others. No worries about bringing inexperienced people, either, since all four of them are dive instructors. Another guy, who probably won't be back into town in time but would like to go if he is, used to crew on a dive charter and is an experienced spearfisher. (Basically, I'm the newbie in the crowd.)

We're looking at hitting some natural bottom numbers and, if the weather is nice enough, we're even contemplating the exxon template.

If you already dive, and are just looking at getting into spearfishing, we should have a spare gun or so. I have two spare polespears already.

Wil
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Wil, Ill be fishing sat. and If I can get my friends to stay and come home monday I would be game. Ill have to check with them and let you know.
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

Cool. btw- All divers are willing to split costs, in the event we can't fit them all on my boat. And there's no reason we couldn't do a mini flotilla.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

How long of a trip are you thinking? A half or full day.
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

Sea Fox wrote:How long of a trip are you thinking? A half or full day.
With all the afternoon showers we've been having, I'm thinking somewhere in between. Probably get out there really early, and start heading back in around 2-3pm. I'm open to other options though.