Lake Blackshear Help

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Lake Blackshear Help

Post by tin can »

Any of you Georgia boys willing to share information on Lake Blackshear? I'm headed up there next week to try to catch a few bass.
What was I supposed to do today?
homboyfsu

Re: Lake Blackshear Help

Post by homboyfsu »

veterans park boat boat ramp slew. use green and brown pumpkin lizzard baits and throw against a cypress tree.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

John, I have been fishing south of the lake on the river. Bass are hot right now. I will send you a PM about the lake. I can't make my advice public. :-)
Team Jolly Mon
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Flint River Pirate wrote:John, I have been fishing south of the lake on the river. Bass are hot right now. I will send you a PM about the lake. I can't make my advice public. :-)
Got your PM. sounds like fairly good information. But I'm gonna have to pay you in installments. I can't afford $1000 all at one time.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

What are the results of your Top Ten a couple weeks ago?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I sent him a PM askin and he didn't answer it! I think he's hidden somethin "like all good Bass fishers do" :smt012 :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

He couldn't have done worse than 10th could he? :o
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

10th :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

What'd ya do, compete against nothin but Lawhorn's?? :o :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Under Smoke Bridge with a Cajin Thunder with pearle white gulp. If that don't work try squid on the bottom in 25 foot. :wink:

salute2
Semper Fi
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

tin can wrote:Any of you Georgia boys willing to share information on Lake Blackshear? I'm headed up there next week to try to catch a few bass.
When do you want to do the "Shoal bass" thing we talked about?
I Like the simple pleasures........like killing my enemies, drinking his wine and taking his women and gold.
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

MrGreenJeans wrote:
tin can wrote:Any of you Georgia boys willing to share information on Lake Blackshear? I'm headed up there next week to try to catch a few bass.

There aint not shoalies in the Flint if you do come up on one they only bite canned corn under a red and white bobber.....Flint River Pirate will back me up on that. :-D
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

MrGreenJeans wrote:

There aint not shoalies in the Flint if you do come up on one they only bite canned corn under a red and white bobber.....Flint River Pirate will back me up on that. :-D
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

That's right Joey, they love canned corn or hot dog chunks. They usually hang out it 25+ feet too. :-)
Team Jolly Mon
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

TC, if you have a map locate Collins branch about halfway down the lake on the west bank. Its across from and south of cedar creek. From there down to the next slough (duckblind) there's some fine bank to fish. I used to fish tournaments there and a moccasin culprit usually was the ticket. If we have a cold spot and wind, you need to hit the riverchannel with some jigs and rind. Up the lake on the east side of hwy 280 bridge used to be productive slow rolling yellow spinnerbaits when it was cool or wind. Pretty stumpy area there.
North of this is Parker slough and the sawdust hole. lake narrows back into the river there. Some deep holes there that hold fish in real cold weather.
Buddy of mine was crappie fishing this past weekend and said there were huge schools of shad under the 280 bridge too large for crappie to eat. might try a shad medium crank bait around there.