December 17-BIG trout

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

December 17-BIG trout

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished yesterday with my Dad. We got out early so we could fish before the tide dropped out too much. We left the house about 6 15 i think. Headed down and put the boat in at the fort. Ran to our first spot and it was a slow start. We were throwing shrimp and mirrolures. I hooked into a fish and knew it was a good one. I knew it was a better trout than I had ever seen up the rivers. I was sure I would lose her, but we got her in the net. Measured and she went 25 inches. I've never heard of BIG trout like this being up in the rivers. This is my biggest trout ever. We released her to go breed us lots more trout. We caught a few more trout and some undersized reds but it was pretty slow. Also caught a lone striper up the river. I think the fish are confused by the weather, they don't know where to go. I'll be fishing lots this week. Tight lines.

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: December 17-BIG trout

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Hell, I'm confused by our weather ! Went to Spring Creek this morning and my buddy caught 1. :smt009
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice Trout Luc!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Good fish, nice to see y'all on the water
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Nize fish! :thumbup:

The biggest trout I ever caught was caught in the Steinhatchee River after a hard freeze. When it is cold enough, trout and reds run into the rivers and creeks looking for deeper warmer holes.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY LUC , NEVER SAW A TROUT THAT BIG UP THE ST.MARKS, CAUGHT ONE OVER IN SPRING CREEK 3 YRS AGO THIS TIME OF THE YEAR WENT 26 1/2 "
CONGRATULATIONS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO