New year

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

New year

Post by skitterwalk »

Well I finally hit the water for a couple hours today seems how it's the begining of a new year and such. Cringing as I watch my gas gauge go down, I finally made it to the water where I met up with bakertize and his girlfriend. The wind was a bit undaunting but easily fishable so in the water we went! looking for shelter, I saw some trees with fishable leeward waters and immediately start the pedal over there so I could fish out of the wind. Bakertize's Gf couldn't paddle into the wind verry well so they had to head back. But I made it over there a little bit later and just like magic,(I couldn't believe it) still gliding forward from pedaling I reach for my one knocker and right when it hit the water. It fell into a hole...which turned out to be a red's mouth. FIRST CAST! Snickering as I reel it in I felt a sence of awesomeness that I made the call to pedal all the way over here and first cast I land a red. Okay so I release the roughly 20 incher and stake out. I looked around and noticed I was on the shallower part of the flat I was on and it tapered off all around me into deeper water. So I knew I was in the right spot, I just needed to wait until they swam to me! A few blowups and swirles later I decided "hey new year right? try something new". So I tied on a 1/4 oz ADL spoon (never really throw one) and not 10 casts later I see a red HOT ON ITS TAIL! Slowed it down and bam, connection! It was quite the battle on my super ultra light weight setup but none the less it came in my boat!

I was extatic, my new years resolution to throw the spoon pays off! :D You will have to excuse my "normal standard" pictures I would have came back with stellar pics if I had a 360. Guess I should go get one:P (and my camera was on the wrong setting :oops: )Not much to speak of after that tho. Must have scared em all away fighting in that over slot! :mrgreen: I managed a few smaller ones in a creek on topwater but I called it quits after that and drove home. I set the standard for myself this year, lets see if I can keep up :wink: Tight lines everyone!
RayMalloy

Re: New year

Post by RayMalloy »

They are tight lipped to us plastic boat folks eh Skitter? :lol:
"Fish don't care how much you paid for your tackle."
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Pitty party :smt01, Well done Skitter !!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Pft!
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RayMalloy

Post by RayMalloy »

:sleep:
"Fish don't care how much you paid for your tackle."
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

No kill Ray, I'm going to get me a plastic boat soon. :thumbup:
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

That's pretty good, skitter. You know you have arrived when you can put your finger in the water like that and say with confidence, "I'm going to catch a fish right here"! :smt045
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.