Keaton Beach

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

beer_fixes_all

Keaton Beach

Post by beer_fixes_all »

My work is allowing me to go fishing Wednesday in Perry and kind of sort of pay me for it, I love my job!!!

I have never fished out of Keaton Beach before but I am taking my boat down there tomorrow. I would like to know if there are any gotcha's that I should be aware of?

I may be up for a free guide if anyone is willing, but judging by the post's on this forum, I would prefer someone who gets the most votes on knowledge and to keep me out of anyone's sacred holes. :D
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach

Post by Tidedancer »

Just stop at the Marina and ask whats biting and where. They will be glad to help you. Just stay out of JT51's Holes. He will know if you were there and put a hex on you.

Here is the fishing report from this past weekend from one angler.
Keaton Beach Fishing Report March 9-10

Big trout were the ticket for the days you could stand to be out there this week at Keaton.
We had three over 22" including a nice 5 pound trout for Glynn Barnes of Jacksonville, Florida on Friday. Glen Oakes was along and caught his gator on a Sugar and Spice Gulp while my 23" trout ate a MirrOdine (EC) #27. All our trout and six reds (we threw back two) came in out of 1.7 - 2.3 feet of water. Glen took the most trout on the Gulp while I lost a hawg on a five inch Assassin Shad in "Stinky Pink" and had one other keeper on it. Glynn's five pounder 25+"er took a Storm Chug Bug off the surface in 68-69 degree water. We found 70.2 degrees later but did our best in the mid-morning( 9:30-12:00 noon) while the sun was in. Once we could see our shadow, the super shallow bite was done. Oh we had one red ( our largest) on a live pinfish under a Cajun Thunder.
Glynn also fished with his buddy Glen Oakes the day before our charter, and they brought in 6 trout and 4 reds. Two of their trout were over 24" although they didn't weigh'em ( I saw the photos and I'd say they were both around five pounds )
A report from two guys who were taking their boat out at the county ramp, Monday, said they had two over 25" and released another at 27" ! They earned those bites in that w-i-n-d. Like I always say if you can hang out there, the big ONES eat it up in the w-i-n-d!
From Keaton Beach Marina: Frank ? , Kevin Nugent, Keith Purvis and Scott Souther of Barrien County(Ga.) had 14 trout on Gulp in 5 feet of water and 35 sheepshead from offshore on 3/2/12 .
North Florida Gulf Fishing Club will hold their annual Keaton Beach tourney Saturday morning. This is a members only event