Piney Z 3-14 & 3-17-12

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Piney Z 3-14 & 3-17-12

Post by CoastalPirate »

Every time I come out to this lake I see more grass and less water.
Havent had enough time to launch the pelican out here but dont know if it would really be worth it since it seems to only be about 2 feet of water. Went out on Finger numero 2 with the floating (sitting on the sand) dock Wednesday and today (Saturday) from 2 - 4pm.....and caught nothing. Both times the weather was sunny, 80+ degrees, with some clouds.Water temperature was 60+. Baits used :
Zoom Purple Finesse, Hot Pink Floating worm, Zoom chartreuse pepper french fry, Emerald paddle tail, emerald lizard, watermelon worm, baby bass fluke ALL weightless and hooked weedless. A guy fishing next to me was fishing a carolina rigged lizard, got what looked like a half pound bass up to the sitting dock and lost it at the sitting dock (felt bad for the guy :-? )..I also used a Berkley power worm but that was after the picture...had a little bit of hope left but went home with nothing. What is hilarious is that I have found more tackle out there than fish. Take this picture of my friend of example:
Nice little Daiwa rod and reel just hanging out at the bottom of the lake. That was my greatest find. Today I found a really nice rooster tail, Wednesday I found a new swivel with a treble hook...in the past I've found barely used plastics and hooks. I may not be the greatest fisherman but Indiana Jones got nothing on me! :-D
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Piney Z 3-14 & 3-17-12

Post by tallykenj »

Jackpot.
The Back Porch
bman

Post by bman »

Back in high school there was no better bass lake in Leon county.... I can't tell you how many big fish I caught before the. Ounty "fixed" the lake.
There are some deep spots along the old dike that runs down the middle of the lake. They would always hold fish in low water.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

That place is my nemesis, LOL. Had a huge strike on a black buzzbait nightfishing once, but other than that it has skunked me every time. I've only ever seen one person catch a fish off a dike there and that was big mudfish that hit a kid's Rapala. I heard that they stocked it with some big ones but darned if I know of anyone catching any there recently.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Im not giving up on it just yet, but I totally understand Holden. Every time I go I catch nothing and wonder why I ever come back to this place. Even when I take my boat out there....nothing. It's definitely a challenge, but thats what draws me to this place besides the scenery...and the ghost mosquitoes...and the wasps that never go away, and the shallow muddy water... :lol:
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate