Any Grouper here? K-tower

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RodBow
Site Sponsor

Any Grouper here? K-tower

Post by RodBow »

First, please excuse this report from being void of numbers, exact names, and the number of miles. I only knew that North would get us back home...eventually

Went for a ride with Scott on his big boat out of Shields around 8 on Saturday, stopped off at the Shoals and caught a couple dozen pins
then went a long ways maybe SE. Nothing happening at the first place but some ruby-lips but the big G wasn't showing. Went miles somewhere
else picking up a nice size Spannie on the way. Stopped on some numbers but nothing going on.

The question came up to go W or "on out"? The day was still nice so went "out".

Played with the other boats at K-tower but nothing going on. Went "out" more to some other number and found more rubylips and
picked up only 20 grouper - kept 9 reds and a 26" black.

Had to cut it short for the long haul back in. Good to be in the cat with twin 115's cause the tstorms got interesting and we skipped around
the lightening bolts while surfing through the 3-4's.

Had a great time with Capt. Scott, Dwight and Mike. Didn't hear of much else being caught so looks like we did good.

Them filets are big and ... mmmmmmImage
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage
Last edited by RodBow on June 21st, 2004, 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
GeneO.
Site Sponsor

Post by GeneO. »

Nice fish, tell me something. What time did you guys start catching fish and how long did the bite last?

Thanks
Tight Lines and Screamin Drag

http://members.fishingworks.com/gosteen/
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

A very nice mess :thumbup: I went out of Mashes Sands Sat. and caught 1 Gag 26"er trolling :-D Started trolling at 6:30 and he was my only fish landed and that was around 10:30 :o trolled some more till 11:30 and then had ta head home :-? I think the bite would have been much better in the afternoon, but so is the chance of a T'storm popping up :oops: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

GeneO, The bite was on between approx. 1300 - 1500 best I can remember.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice catch. :thumbup:
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Nice catch, Rodbow, good to see Scott put ya'll on some! Never been on one of those boats myself but going to get a chance with Scott and his Mrs one of these days.

The pics were great. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Did you get something nice for Father's Day from a "y" sale? :D

WTG

Sea Gurl