Want To Trade-Up Your Motor? NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Want To Trade-Up Your Motor? NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Post by CSMarine »

I've got a 1989 Evinrude 48hp motor that's too big for my project boat.
It has electric start, remote steering. It's a one owner motor. My brother-in-law bought it new in Chicago in 1990 on a 15' Sunbird run-about. He might have used it five times the first three years. Then he moved here, and it sat under a carport from 1994-2001. Getting cranked ever few months but not using.
In 2001, I turned my Yankee B-I-L onto fishing the Gulf of Mexico. He used it on the flats maybe 8-10 times between 2001 and 2004. In March he had it gone thru at the dealer good. He spent big $$$ putting water pump, and servicing it. Looks new under the hood. Shortly after that, he bought a new Cape Horn, all decked out for off-shore. I got it from him to use on a 14 foot skinny water project boat I'm working on. It's just too much motor. My little boat is only rated for a 25hp. Want to trade down to a 25-35hp Johnson or Evinrude. Weight a big issue. Must have electric start, and remote steering. My motor does not have power trim. The 15foot run-about it's on can be used as partial trade, also boat and motor in good shape.
PM me if interested.
Last edited by CSMarine on June 21st, 2004, 12:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I may have a posibility :o My nephew has a 25 Rude and wants a bigger motor :-D I'll check with him this afternoon when I get off from work. I think that it needs a water pump though :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

My motor just had the lower unit gone through, with new water pump, and full tune up by boat dealer.
Semper Fi
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Does yours have electric start and remote steering? We have an '89 25 hp Rude in great shape that we would like to upgrade. We were looking for a 40hp, but a 48 would work if it isn't much heavier.

Nathan
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I'll be honest with ya CS :o I looked at my nephews motor and knowing it needs a water pump and seeing it, take the one from Nathan unless ya get a better offer :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Nathan, It has electric start, remote steering. Does ya'lls have trim? Mine don't.
It weighs 186lbs. Yours is about 121lbs.
Let's talk. :thumbup:
Last edited by CSMarine on May 20th, 2004, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Ours doesn't have trim or anything either. We don't want one with trim. It is on a 16' Basstracker that we use for river and inshore fishing. The boat is stick steering and rated for 40hp, but they put 65hp on the same hull with a console. I don't think a 48hp would be too much for our boat for sure. We are the second owner of ours, but we have taken very good care of it. It has been used in saltwater quite a bit but still looks pretty good. It needs a few spots of paint touched up but that is it. We recently had the carburator rebuilt, and we replace the water pump every year ourselves. We also just recently put a new thermostat put in it. Ours is probably fairly low hours as well because we only get to use it once a month or so.

Nathan
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I don't need trim. When and where do you want to get together? Where is crestview?
Last edited by CSMarine on May 18th, 2004, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Guess my dad thinks 48hp is too big for our boat. He doesn't seem to be interested in a trade. Sorry.

Nathan
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Gotcha. No problem. :thumbup:

Alright folks.....Need to trade. Deal of a lifetime. Get a bigger motor even swap. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Semper Fi
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

UPDATED WITH PICTURES
Semper Fi
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I have a 25 Johnson, cranks first pull. Clean never been in salt water.
Fast, compression even on both cylinders.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Redbelly, gave up on anybody trading. Got another project boat to put it on. So it's not for trade anylonger. Thanks anyway.
Semper Fi