Kudos to SGO

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sundown
Site Sponsor

Kudos to SGO

Post by sundown »

Couple of weeks back my grandson and I were shooting our rifles. He had his 7-08 and me my 280 Rem. After shooting the 280 a few times and getting comfortable with it he decided he would like one. I told him I'd start looking for one and then he asked me why I didn't just let him have mine and find me another.. Put me on the spot cause he's my best buddy for sure so I told him ok..
I really liked the rifle, a Ruger Hawkeye I'd bought last year. Killed several nice deer this past season both in Ga and Texas with it.

I started calling gun dealers knowing they'd have to try and find me one. A couple I'd done business with in the past didn't act like they cared to go to the trouble to try and run one down. Then I called Heath Sanders in Cairo.
Heath didn't have one either but told me to let him check his sources and to get back with him. I did and he hadn't had any luck but told me to give him a little more time as everyone he'd contacted hadn't gotten back to him. I was totally impressed that he was still looking for one for me.

During our conversation I mentioned that I was interested in a 280 Ackley, I posted a thread earlier on this caliber, but it looked like I was going to have to get one made if I ever got one. He told me he had a Kimber 280 A.I. on the rack. I took it on the spot. Went down the next morning and picked it up.

Point of the post is that Heath was willing to put forth the effort to help me. I've thought about that every since I picked that rifle up. It just pays to do business with people that take their business seriously ! :thumbup:

Incidently, I've shot 20 plus rounds of 280 Rem loads through the gun to fireform some brass and its shooting close to an inch at 100 yds. Got dies for it should be here today. I think I got a shooter !
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Re: Kudos to SGO

Post by CairoTrout »

We appreciate you too Mr. Sundown. Thanks for such kind words! :D
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

It doesn't get much nicer than Heath. I have heard so many wonderful stories about him as a businessman and a man in general. You've got a bunch of fans bro.
Team Jolly Mon
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Heath is a good man and will do what he can to help.
He just can't catch fish,bless his heart.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Heath is a good man and will do what he can to help.
He just can't catch fish,bless his heart.
Can't catch fish?, He just don't like to show up old farts like you JT. :-D