fillet knives

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Myth900

fillet knives

Post by Myth900 »

Just wondering.. fillet knives, electric vs normal?
thanks
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

If your cleaning grouper get an electric :lol: .....If I'm tired an electric is nice, but I normally use manual.....
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I have both and they each have their place. I am a firm believer in having more than one knife. I have several for versatility.

I have a 9 inch wide blade, a 9 inch narrow blade, a 7 inch narrow blade and a 5 inch blade.

My cordless electric has an 8 inch blade. I use it when cleaning tough fish and big fish and when I have a bunch of fish to clean. Most fish I can clean just as fast with a regular, but can be much more effiecent.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

KNIVES

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

I had been using a an electric and a standard fillet knife. My daughter gave me a cordless fillet knife. Now that's the way to go. I still use a very large and very sharp kitchen knife on sharks and use the filet knife to roll off the skin from the steaks. But for trout, that cordless knife really does the job. My cleaning table is right on the canal and I can clean, feed the sea gulls, and fill the crab traps all at the same time. So get a cordless fillet knife, they are great.

Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660