Iamonia cyber scouting attempt

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BlindHog

Iamonia cyber scouting attempt

Post by BlindHog »

I figure I will be upfront with my intentions so I dont take any sniping. I figure since there are no posts here people may be keeping mum.

Was out at Iamonia Landing Rd ramp Sat just to survey the scene. Saw lots of boats out, some people can pole fishing down the left where that canal is. Anybody know what is being sought or caught? Bream I suppose. Specks? Bass? Anybody have any bait/lure recommendations for whatever is there?

Of course, only small boats were being launched way out where the water now starts, but I am thinking canoe.

Thanks.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Iamonia cyber scouting attempt

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

BE CAREFUL ON IAMONIA IN A SMALL CANOE OR YAK, THERE ARE MANY GATORS IN THAT LAKE THAT ARE LARGER THAN CANOE OR YAKS THAT I HAVE SEEN. THERE IS NO WAY I COULD LAUNCH MY BOAT THERE, THINK I WILL TRY SEMINOLE, THEY KEEP THE WATER LEVEL UP PRETTY GOOD OVER THERE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

I agree Pa, and the biggest ones out there have always been on the east end cruising that open water.

OK, I guess noboy knows nothin about nothin out at Imoney! ;)
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
bman

Post by bman »

Last first hand report I have is from February... Bream were killing it.
Go find out for us ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

It has been a few weeks since I have been, but we take the kayaks with no problem. I see most people catching bream, but we were only bass fishing. We have done pretty well recently fishing to the East of the landing. I have been told that it has gone down even more since we were there last. Most everything we caught was very small, but there was the occasional big one or two. We throw everything back so unless someone has got them they are still there. The most fish seemed to be caught deep in the lily pads using worms with no led. Just work it very slow over the pads and in open spots. Good luck!