Freshwater GeneO.

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GeneO.
Site Sponsor

Freshwater GeneO.

Post by GeneO. »

Since moving here in December and meeting my service manager, Donnie, all I have heard from him is how superb the bass fishing is on the lake at his house. Early last week Donnie asked me to join him to do a little Bass fishing on Lake Tallavanna. So I decided to give Journey's End the weekend off and take him up on the offer.

I haven't fresh water fished for a number of years and my gear was going to need a little attention. After tearing the reels apart several times Friday evening and Saturday and not being successful at getting good performance I threw my hands up around 7:00 last night and went to Walmart for a shopping spree. :smt047

When I got to Donnie's this morning at 6:00 the boat was loaded in the truck and he was standing in the yard waiting on me. A quick transfer of my new gear and we were off to the lake. Had the boat in the water and were hummin lures within five minutes. On his 5th cast Donnie put the first keeper on the stringer. 15 minutes after that he caught 2 shorts. At this point I'm beginning to feel like :smt013 .

At 10:00 Donnie had his limit and was in the process of boating mine. :cuss: At 11:00 we pulled up on the area that he always go to last when fishing the lake. As I would find out later it's the neighborhoods own little private honey hole. Big open area that the association dropped pallets and stumps and all sorts of cover in. Their own little private reef as it were.

We pulled up on the area and Donnie instructs me to toss the anchor and I did. I watched him boat a 5lber and loose a bigger fish at the boat. Did I mention I hadn't had one bite all morning... yet. Donnie had me fishing plastic all morning, something I never liked much even when I fished fresh water regularly.

I finally got pizzed enough to breakout a little, reached down and tied on the old trusty silver and blue back rattle trap. On the second cast a three pounder lit it up and went on the stringer. I broke out a beer took a deep sigh of relief and whipped it right back to the same spot, a few turns of the reel and slam a two pounder comes in the boat. Now we have a limit and it's time to start culling another cast produces another fish that was smaller. Donnie grabs his crank bait reel and quickly puts the rattle trap on. I caught two more one of which we kept and the other was smaller than the fish on the stringer.

At this point we decided to call it a day as it was around 1:30. Went to the landing loaded the boat cleaned the fish and I was at home by 3:00.

New reel - $34
New Rod - $25
New Line - $12
New lures - $ 30
Limit of bass - Priceless :smt029

Had a super time on that lake today and was relieved I didn't get skunked.
Tight Lines and Screamin Drag

http://members.fishingworks.com/gosteen/
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

What no circle hooks :smt043 ...WTG..GeneO... :thumbup:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Gene that sounds like a great trip. In this summer heat a limit of bass is a good thang.
Just think how that lake me be in the Fall and Spring. WTG :thumbup:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

GeneO, Glad you didn't smell like skunk too.
Surprised the green tigerstripe stretch didn't make it to the pond.
Oh, I bet the fuel bill felt really good for a change!
:lol:
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Ahhhhh...... reaching the limit is a good feeling.. :wink: