St. Teresa this morning.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RCS
Site Sponsor

St. Teresa this morning.

Post by RCS »

Had a pretty good morning at St. Teresa earlier today. Caught a ton of shorts and ladyfish, but keepers were hard to come by. I did manage to bring home 3 nice trout and a large spanish that went 27'' at the fork. Also missed a nice tarpon when it hammered a ladyfish I had been drifting behind the boat when I went to change it out for a fresh one...he nailed it 10 yards from the boat, coming almost completely out of the water. That would have been the highlight of my morning if not for a manatee that surprised the hell out of me. I've been going down there for 22 years and have never seen one in that area. I thought it was a huge bullshark until it surfaced a few yards from me. All in all a successful morning, and couldn't have asked for nicer weather.
bman

Re: St. Teresa this morning.

Post by bman »

TARPON AT ST TERESA... Yea boy!
Sounds like a great day!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Don't tell everybody about Tarpon eating Ladyfish....it is a secret.
Last edited by fishinfool on May 18th, 2012, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

I hope to hook into a Tarpon over at PSJ this weekend. Glad you got out on the water.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Was cleaning a boat down at Shell Island yesterday evening and saw a HUGE tarpon come in around the boat shed. It had a jig stuck to the side of its head, which I what I noticed right after I saw the tail on low tide. I'm sure whoever lost the jig has been telling one heck of a fish story :lol: Pretty cool and one of the biggest tarpon I have ever seen in the wild...probably 5 ft. in length :o
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com