Lake Miccosukee

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

micci_man

Lake Miccosukee

Post by micci_man »

FWC opened the N gate yesterday and started teh draining process. Get out there and fish while you can.....I fished from 6:45 - 8:15 yesterday afternoon and had 6 strikes on top water (rapala). I caught 5 of them. The brim are bedding big time as well.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
crappielimits

Re: Lake Miccosukee

Post by crappielimits »

Why are they draining the lake to clean up?
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Fished yesterday evening and 2 of us caught 18 bass from 7-9pm.

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Spoke to Reeves Camp operator Eli yesterday. He said it is NOT a full drain effort; FWC plans for a max of 2 foot drop, to get the south end vegetation exposed for removal. Should still be lots of water in the north end. During the steady 3 hours of rain while I was trying to fish without getting struck by lightning, I think the lake mighta rose a few inches.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Correct not a full drain. There will be about 80ac left on the N end but when we're talking abot a 6,300ac lake it may as well be a full drain. Going frog gigging tomorrow night. Full pool is 80 and the lake was at 77 before opening the gate and they are going to drop it to 74. Same thing as they did in 1999.
UKWILDCAT1998

Post by UKWILDCAT1998 »

What's the lbest way to fish Micosukee? I catch and release only and had minor success w lipless CB. Work the pads? The big hogs gotta be lying under there...lol
UKWILDCAT1998

Post by UKWILDCAT1998 »

What's the lbest way to fish Micosukee? I catch and release only and had minor success w lipless CB. Work the pads? The big hogs gotta be lying under there...lol