Econfina 5/16, 17, 18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

waitin

Post by waitin »

Ross Thomas and I started out at 6:30 AM on Thursday, headed toward the Aucilla. Took advantage of high tide and light winds to fish grassy points with top water plugs. Numerous short strikes, finally landed one 24" Red and a Trout 19". About 9:30 we headed towards the bird racks and fished from 10' to 3'with little success. 5 keeper trout for the day. Friday morning we again headed out to the grassy points throwing top water. Started out rather frustrating as again we had follows and short strikes from what I assume were Reds. Finally I hooked a tail walking, head shaking beauty of a trout. She took a Chug Bug in about 12" of water and weighed an even 7 lbs on my Boga. Finished the morning off with 3 more trout and 2 reds to 22 inches. Came in at 11AM went back out at 3 PM and caught 5 more Trout to 20". Saturday started out raining and windy we waited til 1PM to go out. Back in by 6PM with 2 limits to 22". Fish were located towards the Aucilla in 5' to 3'. Most caught on Cajun Thunders with various colors of jigs and 3 on pin fish. :grin: