Place to keep a hook on your rod

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Atticus
Site Sponsor

Place to keep a hook on your rod

Post by Atticus »

Its hard for me not to just stick a hook through an eyelet on a rod and put her up

Some rods have nice little hook holder things woven into them to save your eyelets

Some rods (some pricey ones) don't

So I fished with this guy in South Carolina and he used Mounting Zip Ties to make his own hook holders

I went and got some, a pack of 10 was about $1.97 @ Home Depot
They are zip ties with little fixtures which extend out from the anchor end which are indended for a screw to be placed through in order to affix the tie and whatever it wraps up (wires I assume because they were in electrical at HD) to a surface.

In the space right above the reel seat on my spinning rods, I put the tie on as tight as possible, insert jighead, now I will preserve the smooth nature of my eleyets

I have also started fishing a large bead above my Cajun Thunders so that the swivel on the top of the CT doesn't get pulled through the lead eyelet on my rod (Pat McGriff's idea). No matter how careful I was the darn thing would always get pulled through when I was in the process of landing a fish. :hammer:
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Mounting Ties-

dstockwell

Re: Place to keep a hook on your rod

Post by dstockwell »

Atticus wrote:I have also started fishing a large bead above my Cajun Thunders so that the swivel on the top of the CT doesn't get pulled through the lead eyelet on my rod (Pat McGriff's idea). No matter how careful I was the darn thing would always get pulled through when I was in the process of landing a fish. :hammer:
Good idea, got to fix a couple that way so a certain unatentative person will not pop out rod eyes.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Great info there Mr. Luke. :thumbup: :smt023
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Man! I am glad I took a gander at this forum over here! Thanks Luke! Lotsa o' cool and inexpensive ideas! :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

excelent- I've been putting my hooks on the stansions that hold the eyelets.....the zippy tie idea is excelent...