bald point report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

luceror
Site Sponsor

bald point report

Post by luceror »

Fished the bars all around the f-pier at B pt. Got 1 decent red off one of the inshore bars--float rig-w-gulp anda piece of shrimp. Moved offshore alittle and got on some clean bottom(out of the oyster shells) and started dragging a jid "white gulp" combo. Started getting some action.
Endeed up w 2 nice (not big-but nice) reds; 2 nice flounder and 2 nice trt. Went thru a new bag of white gulps. Water is still very brackish looking and there were no live shrimp to be fnd any where around here as of this morning--due to the storm I was told. Anyone ever seen or heard of any large sturgeons around theses waters? I could have reached out and touched this "creature". w my paddle.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: bald point report

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The "creature" may have been a gar.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Talking of "creatures" i had a big seacow pass the boat, then turned around, came up to the side of the boat and put his nose up on the gunnel !! As if to say "FEED ME" !!
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Yea, I guess it could have been a gar, but ithad those reptian looking scales and was 11ft long.
Creatures? before the storm one of my fishing buddies and I were at just off the St m litehouse(it was breezy)in our kayaks and I had one of those so ugly their almost cute sea cows scare the s at of me. I was busy trying to get my hook out of the thrat of a trt and heard this loud swishy. blowing sound. I looked up startled and there close enough to touch was that big ugly creature just staring at me . Yhen it just mosyed on along.