bald point today

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

luceror
Site Sponsor

bald point today

Post by luceror »

Had to get this in! Went back to oyster bar just offshore of the pier, jigged for whatever all morning, caught one small sheepshead, Deacided to move offshore some and look for some trt. Went to the offshore edge of the big sand bar just off the sandy beach at the point Kept inching my way offshore after i couldnt see bottom anymore. got a good hit float rig and as soon as i saw it was anice trt, I easied my amchor over. After getting that fish into the cooler I am casting around a few times trying to locatesome morem bamm a good strike, i pull back to set the hook---nothin--before i could reel in the slack from the first hit bammm! another strike no need to set set this time---the reel mwas screaming a second or two later the water exploded and a large Tarpon launched itself about 6 ft into tyhe sky, I got 2 more good jumps as the line (20 lb braided) dissapeared and the mono backing was righy behind it, It eas gwetting near the end if the spool so I tried to brake the spool s0me with my hand----baD MOVE pow1 THE MONO SAID tHAT BIG A FISH ON GULP. in a kayak
THAT WAS ON MY BUCKET LIST
I caught several trt after reriggin ended up w 5 nice keeper trt
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: bald point today

Post by SS-342 »

I'd say you had a good trip!

Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP