Bream fishing Ochlockonee River

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JeffB
Site Sponsor

Bream fishing Ochlockonee River

Post by JeffB »

I come down to Panacea quite a bit and fish inshore. I will be down there for 3 or 4 days this weekend and I would like to fish for bream up the Ochlockonee.
I have a house on River Drive and I'm thinking about putting in at the old Brother's 3 ramp or maybe just driving over to the State Park and putting in.
Just wondering how far up the river to travel before I start fishing? Also, would you fish the Ochlockonee or Crooked River?
Thanks
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Bream fishing Ochlockonee River

Post by wevans »

The lower Sopchoppy or Buckhorn Creek may be better right now. They both just finished flooding, which should have brung a lot of fish from the upper parts to the lower :thumbup: The "O" and Crooked never did get that high or have that much of an increase of flow :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Thanks wevans
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Go up a creek arm and fish the deep holes with worms on the bottom. Also, brothers 3 has some really good red fish in there sometimes. I used to catch em on a tequila sunrise worm.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

I know when bass fishing tourneys out of the state park, I got tired of the bream pecking at my jig. They're in that area thick, though I don't know the size. You can catch white bass there too...........and redfish and stripers and bass.
Your better (bigger) bass and bream are up crooked river.

Id bring a yellow number 4 snagless sally and have a blast!