bottoms rd.

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

luceror
Site Sponsor

bottoms rd.

Post by luceror »

Wanted to fish balled pt.-- kinda choppy this morn,so I went to Bottoms rd. Got on some shot trt. and ladyfish, ended up w two keeper trt. by tghe time they quit hitting. Moved inshore and to my surprise got on a few reds. Hadnt seen many reds around in about a month, (where I fish). Used a float rig w white gulp. Rick
rocket
Site Sponsor

Re: bottoms rd.

Post by rocket »

:thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Gotta love Bottoms Rd - Trout, reds, cobes, poons.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

How's it going? I was wondering about what time of day you caught your reds and east or west of bottoms road...I have never caught a red on a lure and will take all the advice i can get. Lately all ive been catching is trout, jacks, ladys and lil rock bass. Ive been from ecofina to alligator pt and same results. Thanks in advance
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Yesterday I got those reds up against the marsh grass/point/oysterbar on the western side of the bottoms rd creek. I was right on the pt. (at the mouth) of the firstBIG cove u come to on that western shoreline. I got em right about 2:15--3 ish. Right around high water. IV caughgt some reds in numbers in this area but vas of late those were the first iv seen in about4-5 weeks. For me , best red time is 1hr before and afterhigh tide. Sometimes if its cloudy or foggy they will hang around longer. When there thick I ll switch to an artificial, but my oldstand by is a gulp w a piece of shrimp on the hook ntip hanging from a cork,
Rick
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

yea, When I first started fishing here (3)yr ago my friends took nme to the haulsein site there at bottm rd. We would wade fish,, Liked it. They got a small car skiff the next spring and the tthree of usd fished out of it as much as we could, Piney island--the bars out in front going towrds mashy sands. Then I picked up a used kayak and I spent all my free time at of bottonms rd. Never seen a cobia that I new for sure but I think Iv heard a few,, seen tarpon jump though.
As of late the fishing hadbnt been all that good, so I fished alligator harbor acrossfrm St tgeresa, did alright on trt, St marks-- me and a friend went kayaking, she got v4 flnder that day (3 keepers) and I got one,, we also got some trt and a few sea bass. the next time I went(couple weeks ago the trt were hitting my she dog topwater. Anyway yesterday iwas leaving bald pt cause it was to chopped up for me thought I was going back to St marks-- But I couldnt resist that turn off onto BOTTOMS RD. Rick