Carrabelle - Monday, 7/5

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jka_gator

Carrabelle - Monday, 7/5

Post by jka_gator »

Sorry, a little slow with this one.

Left Carabelle about 8:15 with my wife and mother-in-law. Headed SE to 60'. Drifted using LY and squid.

My mom-in-law and I were catching the grouper and my wife couldn't catch anything. About the time she started complaining, zing!! Her reel started screaming. After a few minutes, she boated a 37" king. Not 5 minutes later, she and I both hooked up. My line snapped in about 6 seconds. She fought hers for about 20 minutes. She got it close enough to see, and it was HUGE!. It saw the boat and took off again, and finally broke the line. She didn't care... She was worn out. We ended up with 6 grouper, the largest at 28".

Safely back on land, fish in the freezer, and the boat's still floating. I'll take it for my first "real" offshore trip!

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Who said in-laws aren't any fun?

Sounds lke yall had a blast!
:wink:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice catch. :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

jka_gator wrote:
Safely back on land, fish in the freezer, and the boat's still floating. I'll take it for my first "real" offshore trip!
That's the right "stuff"! :thumbup: Good job :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

Excellent! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Glad to see the Pics!

GREAT JOB!

:smt098